Shabu Shabu on Pearl?

DH loved shabu shabu whenever he did business in Asia.

To those who've sailed on her, how does the Pearl's shabu shabu measure up?

Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

W A W W

We did not try it, but I did talk to some of the servers that said people said it was good and would return a couple of times to have it again!:)

We loved it on both the Jewel and Pearl!:D I lived in Japan for a couple of years and first had shabu-shabu there.

You sit at a special SS table on the ship with the cooking unit in the middle. We ordered beef and a dish of thinly sliced beef arrived to be added to the broth and all the vegetables. As I recall there were onions, mung bean sprouts, white stick mushrooms, carrots, cabbage/bok choy and 2 dipping sauces. The waiter explained how to cook it and came over several times to tend to the cooking, adjusting the heat & serving.

After you finish they will whisk the kettle away and cook up a noodle dish with the broth. Very tasty but we only had room left for a little bit.;)

When you make a rsvn be sure to tell them Shabu Shabu as they only have a few of the special tables. Enjoy!

Archived