Guest Satisfactory Survey at the end of the cruise

nrh, I think that I just fell in love with you! ;)

Aw shucks, sweetheart, that's nice, but my husband would be pissed! :D LOL! Besides, aren't you a girl too? LOL!

I really wish I knew how to work the dang multi-quoting thing that everyone else seems to use. That would be handy right now... I shall have to resort to cutting and pasting.

MLBfan24...

...."once tore a new a-- for the Disney chefs for including too many chilled soups on their menus...

I really hate chilled soups :mad: haha"

Ummm... WOW! Are they frightened now? Do they still allow you to cruise Disney? Can your children? Can your parents? What would Tom Colicchio say?

Pamelacourson...

that would maybe be valid in a restaurant on land, on the ship, they don t just wait for ONE steak, if the steak has to stay under the heating land for a while is because the waiter is struggling in the line, loading those big trays with 16 maincourses, again some people don t realize that the waiters are bringing out sometimes up to 24 maincourses, because some people order even 3 each, the guy is inside looking for your food, NOT CHATTING IN THE DRINK STATION.Yesterday 10:22 PM

I used "chatting in the drink station" as an example of something the wait staff might be doing instead of their jobs. In a land based restaurant, people are coming and going... CONSTANTLY. The kitchen staff has to keep up with many orders, for many tables going in and out of the kitchen at all times, all day... not just one steak. Can you imagine going to a restaurant where everyone at your table received their meals one item at a time? Land based menues also tend to be much more complex... with dozens or even hundreds of items on the menu depending on the venue. All of the items for all of the tables need to be timed perfectly by the chefs... with diners coming in whenever the choose. The waiters usually have 6 to 8 tables to a station (a mix of 2, 4, & 6 people to a table)... and one busser.. IF they're lucky.

On a ship with assigned seating times, the chefs have a limited number of items to prepare and have had all night to do the prep work. They have a fair idea of how many people will order what entrees ahead of time based on previous experience. The waiters very rarely have more than 10 guests to wait on... from what I've seen (someone with more cruising experience can step in here and please correct me if I'm wrong). They also will generally have an assistant and multitudes of floating bussers. All in all, there should never be a reason for a steak to sit and overcook under a heat lamp!

So... to make a long story longer... if your steak is overdone, or your soup is cold or salty, or you got the wrong entree, etc. Send it back, but be POLITE about it. There is nothing wrong about wanting to receive what you ordered... RUDENESS, in all its forms, however, is wrong and is likely to get you worse service in the long run... not better.

Zebra36...

"There generally seems to be a big push to rate EVERYTHING as excellent and you hear that word overused during the cruise. I believe that in general cruises offer an excellent value but I would be hard pressed to say that for all of the categories listed on these surveys excellent is the correct choice. Also have had waiters practically beg to get excellent ratings and some do get a bit pushy about it. For what I pay I just expect competent service."

Since this is getting back to what the OP was talking about originally (and since I've strayed sooooooo far off-topic!), I thought I'd put my two cents in here too before I shut my trap! :) I think that the reason the waiters and other staff members are "begging" for excellent ratings on these surveys might be the same reason that they do it at the car dealerships. The past few cars we've purchased, the salesperson has made a big point about the survery. They have told us that if we didn't think that we could give them all 5's or excellents or whatever the highest marks were to please say something now so they could take care of whatever the problem was. It seems that the ONLY "passing" score for them on the survery is one where all the marks are excellent. If they get a satisfactory or a good, they FAIL. It's a ridiculous system IMHO. I imagine that the cruise lines have adopted a similar system and the wait staff is having a more difficult time (with English being their second, third, or fourth fluent language! AMAZING.. I can barely speak pig latin!)... communicating to us why getting the high marks are so important. I think that it is our responsibility as guests to either chunk the damn things in the trash for being the purposeless pieces of garbage that they are or go directly to the higher ups in customer service with our grievances... but leave the poor wait staff out of it!

Okay... deep breath... and stepping down from my podium...No more coffee for me this morning! :o

I once tore a new a-- for the Disney chefs for including too many chilled soups on their menus...

I really hate chilled soups :mad:

haha

Your mommy must be so proud.:rolleyes:

Archived