Barcelona - Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel

I stayed there in 2005 as part of a meeting. It's a very good hotel; modern in feeling and with great views -- depending on where your room is, you either overlook the water, the ferry docks and Montjuic, or Las Ramblas. However, you are far enough off Las Ramblas for the noise and activity to be no problem. We had a breakfast buffet daily which was lovely and included delicious ham and Manchego cheese in addition to the usual breakfast offerings. My room was extremely large by European hotel standards.

The one drawback, for me, is that I didn't really get much feeling that I was in Barcelona. I came over on my own for a few days before the meeting started and stayed in a smaller hotel right in the Gothic quarter. Although my room was closet-like, I actually liked it much better, including the extremely friendly and helpful staff when my wallet was stolen, the cava offered each afternoon in the lobby, etc. I felt much more like I was "in" Barcelona, if you understand what I'm saying.

However, there's no doubt the Grand Marina is lovely and is definitely a luxury hotel. You can easily walk to Las Ramblas and the Gothic quarter, where there are any number of good restaurants.

Archived