Docking-St.Thomas

jamon

Peterv...

Let me get this straight you paid $5/person to take a taxi pass downtown just to shop at Havensite?

Downtown has more than 75 shops plus some places to hole up with a drink in hand while your S.O. is shopping.

While Havensite has it advantages for quicky type shopping, I much perfer to head into town for some serious shopping.

In regards to "filling taxis" that has been an on-going issues at Havensite. If you miss the initial rush in the morning you may wait a while at Havensite also.

kkpcruiser -

Go to www.********** and there is a bar across the top that lists the islands within the U.S. Virgin Islands. Click on Water Island and then click on "Getting there". It will give you more detailed information on ferry times.

You can walk from the ship to where the ferry picks you up at the Crown Bay Marina. The ferry ride was around 10 minutes and cost $5 each way with a slight discount for roundtrip tickets. From where they drop you off it was around a 10 minute walk to Honeymoon Beach. Water Island is residential and there is not much there. The beach had about two other people when we were there. It was very calm for swimming and surrounding by palm trees. Absolutely lovely. There was a restroom facility.

Thanks! Found the site and info and we're considering it for something different. How would you compare it to Trunk Bay in terms of beauty?

Obviously the solitude would be a plus!

Thanks, Robtulipe, for the "walking to the beach" info

Thanks

Just realize that Lindberg Bay is not as nice as Megan Bay but is a adequate beach for swimming and snorkeling along the rocks and cliff to the left. Honeymoon beach on Water Island is a nice beach also and is a short ferry ride from the Crown Bay Marina next to the cruise ship dock there. See above for info on it.

Peterv...

Let me get this straight you paid $5/person to take a taxi pass downtown just to shop at Havensite?

Downtown has more than 75 shops plus some places to hole up with a drink in hand while your S.O. is shopping.

While Havensite has it advantages for quicky type shopping, I much perfer to head into town for some serious shopping.

In regards to "filling taxis" that has been an on-going issues at Havensite. If you miss the initial rush in the morning you may wait a while at Havensite also.

We had other reasons for going to the Havensite area and not downtown. If we had only wanted to shop, we would have gone downtown.

I was just making the comparison between $4 to go downtown and $5 to go to Havensite and also letting people know the price if they also wanted/needed to go to Havensite.

For instance you can save quite bit on the Altalntis submarine and Paradise Point by going there and doing it yourself as opposed to the going through the cruiseline excursion, even with paying the taxi fare.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks! Found the site and info and we're considering it for something different. How would you compare it to Trunk Bay in terms of beauty?

Obviously the solitude would be a plus!

Well, that is stiff competition. I think Trunk Bay is widely considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I have not seen anything prettier than Trunk Bay in the Caribbean.

Honeymoon beach is pretty, quiet, calm and good for both swimming and snorkeling. It is easy to get to if you are docking at Crown Bay. If you have been to St. Thomas many times like I have it was fun to do something different. If it is your first trip to St. Thomas, you might want to do something more traditional like going to Trunk Bay on St. John or going to Magen's Bay. However, by getting off the ship very early I actually managed to go to Magen's Bay in the morning and Water Island in the afternoon, but it was a very long day.

Archived