A Change to your Flight Itinerary - UGH!!

tinlizzy

Delta has usually been my airline of choice (and for FF miles). Over the past 3 years, EVERY itinerary booked on Delta has been changed multiple times! Current itinerary for 9/18/07 was booked in early 11/06. Flight numbers, type of equipment, time of flight (often by 10 minutes or less), and seat assignments have been changed without notifying me

Because of this continuing problem, I have taken to check the itinerary on an almost daily schedule. I do notice that most changes occur on Saturdays and Sundays. For the past 3 weeks, I have spent time on the telephone each Sunday morning straightening it out. Between the time on hold and speaking with the representative, it usually takes less than 10 minutes.

Does it drive me crazy??? Yes, but since these tickets are FF mile award tickets for our Hawaii cruise from Boston, I'll keep doing it.

Will I book Delta again?? Only if I can get an award ticket.

My advice - just keep on top of this airline wide problem, check your itinerary weekly, and change flights if necessary

Good luck

Ok now I know no airline is safe. We had booked tickets on SW out of phx to lax when they became available for oct. cruise. I heard on the radio that SW was cancelling 200 flight out of phx per day. We call SW and sure enough our flight had been cancelled. They did not notify us but switched us to a flight leaving 3 hours later . We got them to move us to a flight that is only 30 minutes later than our original one. So now even SW is not safe.

Now I'm getting irratated... Delta has changed our flight for a 3rd time.. the 2nd time that we weren't even notified.. Now our flight is leaving Boston at 8AM wich is OK, it's the return flight that's leaving later and later.. Now we are leaving at 7:05PM which means I won't get back to my home until after 2AM. I actaully wrote Delta an email asking them why I wasn't notified and what could I do to get an earlier flight without penalty. The bummer is the only other flight that day leaves MCO at 11:45AM, there is no way we would make it from the ship to the airport and through security to make that flight. I'm starting to think this whole trip was just one bad idea :( . We don't have the money to stay overnight at a hotel and leave the next day nor is there any place we could really go to kill over 9 hours. uggh..

OK.. I feel a bit better.. just had to vent

For our Cruise in October we are flying from Bangor Maine to Ft.Lauderdale via Delta. I beleve we are on our 4th schedule change, the latest being just minutes of a change. Tell me this, after we arrive back in Ft.Lauderdale after our cruise, and go to the aiport for our fligt home(currently 1;10 pm departure) how would we know if the time has changed and the flight leaves earlier, as not able to check when we are on the ship all week!

Back in 3/07. We had booked specific flights that would get us home at a decent hour (we still had a 2 hour drive from that airport home after landing). They switched it so that we went from one connection to two, were arriving 4 hours later than I had booked for into our destination AND the flights had no seats together.

I wasn't nasty, but I was assertive, letting them know that the other flights they had to offer wouldn't work (most were departing before we'd be able to be off the ship). The rep I spoke to put me on hold for a second to speak to a supervisor, and we were offered a full refund.

For our Cruise in October we are flying from Bangor Maine to Ft.Lauderdale via Delta. I beleve we are on our 4th schedule change, the latest being just minutes of a change. Tell me this, after we arrive back in Ft.Lauderdale after our cruise, and go to the aiport for our fligt home(currently 1;10 pm departure) how would we know if the time has changed and the flight leaves earlier, as not able to check when we are on the ship all week!

A couple of years ago we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale (FLL). got off the ship at about 9:30-10AM got to the airport at about 10:30. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 4:50P. Asked at the counter about getting on an earlier flight was booked standby at 12:05 (AA kept us on the the 4:50 until our boarding passes were scanned) so we were able to get on the earlier flight at no additional cost. (As to checking the flight status, we checked from an internet cafe in Nassau $1.00US for an hours time on the internet. So I knew status was still original but there were three earlier flights that we might get on.)

:mad: Checked this morning - another change! This one for 3 minutes!!!!

When I called Delta, the rep was nice. She asked what she could help me with and I replied - Another schedule change, this week it's the return flights by 3 minutes, last week it was the departing flights by a few minutes!

I heard she chuckle a bit.;) She straightened it all out but said I was smart to keep checking.

When I'm on my ship, I intend to use my computers (even at that outrageous price) to check the status of the return flights. Another poster mentioned other sites you can go while in port for internet access. I know many public libraries have it.

But, final statement - CHECK IT AT LEAST WEEKLY.

Good sailing to you!

Archived