Celebrity Ground Transportation to Ensenada

Argoknot55

Tentatively we've booked a cruise aboard Millenium from Ensenada to Hawaii. We understand that crossing can be difficult, and that it may not be easy to find w/c accessible transportation.

I called Celebrity, and they said "no problem", that their shuttle buses from SanDiego Airport are all accessible.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm this, or offer other advice. One has visions of sitting at the airport while the ship sails away from Ensenada.

Thanks,

Brian

you should further define what they mean by accessible and equate that to your needs. For instance, are you in a wheelchair that requires a lift go get in to the bus? You know what your particular mobility problems are, so I would press them on this matter and get the response in writing if possible.:) :)

I have not gone with them, but I have been at the San Diego airport when they are picking people up, and yes, the buses they had had wheelchair lifts. Be sure to let them know that you need this degree of wheelchair transportation.

Thank you for your responses. A good reminder to be specific, as I admit that I often just ask "if it's accessible" ... but I am in a wheelchair, and do require the lift. I'll check again with the more defined answer.

If,as you say you require a lift, you need to be aware that if you are returning to Ensenada and disembarking there, you will have to take a vehicle to cross the international border at San Ysidro. As such, you and all passengers are normally required to get off the bus to go through US Customs and Immigration and therefore would need a lift equipped vehicle to get you from Ensenada to San Diego airport. Again, get very specific with your questions to X special needs people.:) :)

Archived