Different type of tipping question

The TA that I booked our cruise with is paying our gratuities as part of the price of the trip. The invoice from her shows all of our OBCs and then says "gratuities included". Being the paranoid person that I am, I would like to verify that they will be paid, either in advance or on the cruise. Is there a way to check this? I've looked at our reservations on the RCCL website and I don't see anything that shows OBCs or gratuities. Should it show there?

The TA that I booked our cruise with is paying our gratuities as part of the price of the trip. The invoice from her shows all of our OBCs and then says "gratuities included". Being the paranoid person that I am, I would like to verify that they will be paid, either in advance or on the cruise. Is there a way to check this? I've looked at our reservations on the RCCL website and I don't see anything that shows OBCs or gratuities. Should it show there?

If I were you, I would take that invoice with me on my cruise. Some day, when there is no line at the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations Desk), go down and ask if your account shows that the gratuities have been paid. If they say "no", show them your invoice.

I'll admit when I saw your subject line I thought, oh yeah, sure! :rolleyes: But I'll give it to you, this is a different type of tipping question. ;)

I recently prepaid our gratuities on our upcoming Med cruise. I just went to the RCCL website and when I click on "view full summary details" in my reservation, there is a line item that says "PrePay Gratuities $136.50".

I booked directly with RCCL so not sure if it would be different when booking through a TA.

Unfortunately, when booking through a TA, you can not view all the particulars of your invoice.....because the TA is the middle man between you and the cruise line You can only pre-register all you information on line, print your SetSail Pass and also book shore excursions. Any other information will not show up.

I'll admit when I saw your subject line I thought, oh yeah, sure! :rolleyes: But I'll give it to you, this is a different type of tipping question. ;)

I recently prepaid our gratuities on our upcoming Med cruise. I just went to the RCCL website and when I click on "view full summary details" in my reservation, there is a line item that says "PrePay Gratuities $136.50".

I booked directly with RCCL so not sure if it would be different when booking through a TA.

LOL! Yeah, I definitely didn't want anyone to think it was yet another thread on tipping! ;)

Thanks for the information about the full summary details! I just checked it and it says Added next to Prepay Gratuities. I'm guessing that means they have been paid, right? I don't see anything that indicates the OBCs though. Seems like I read somewhere that those don't show anywhere until you get onboard.

I have never booked through this TA before, and although she gets glowing recommendations, I still worry that something will go wrong....like I said...I'm paranoid! One more question, if we get half as good of service as we got on the Freedom last year, I know we will want to tip extra (they were just incredible on the Freedom). Will we be able to add to the prepaid gratuities, or will they give us a voucher for them and then we can just add cash to the envelope?

Holly - yes, with prepaid gratiuties you will receive vouchers and envelopes (in your cabin on the next to last night) to personally hand out so you can certainly add extra cash with the vouchers.

Sounds like you are good to go if it says "added" next to Prepay Gratuities on your reservation summary details online. And I believe you are also correct that OBC's will not show anywhere.

As MM suggested, it is a good idea to take your invoice/receipt that your TA gave you indicating everything you should have onboard.

Oh, and another thing about OBC's is that it can take up to a couple of days into the cruise for them to show up on your account so don't panic if they don't show right away. (Thought that was worth mentioning since you have pointed out in both your posts on this thread how paranoid you are. ;))

One more question, if we get half as good of service as we got on the Freedom last year, I know we will want to tip extra (they were just incredible on the Freedom). Will we be able to add to the prepaid gratuities, or will they give us a voucher for them and then we can just add cash to the envelope?

On the cruises I've taken we receive a coupon/voucher for the pre-paid tip with the envelope... place the coupon/voucher (the coupons have cabin steward, head waiter, printed on them) and the envelopes are also marked. We've added our cash tips in the envelope with the coupon/voucher and handed it to the appropriate person.

Hope that answers your question... have a great time.

D :)

Archived