Website problem?

Luxuriate

I have been trying for several days now to check availability of specific cabins for specific itineraries. Once I get to the screen on the Celebrity Website that allows you to input a specific cabin, nothing happens! It used to give a message that the cabin is unavailable or it would allow you to choose it and put a hold/payment on it.

Am I the only one having a problem?

Thanks, Cheryl

I noticed the same thing a few days ago. It seems that the site no longer tells you that a specific cabin is unavailable. However, when a cabin was available it allowed for the reservation process to continue. Good luck.

Maybe that is the new thing. Only lets you know if the cabin is available?

Hi Everyone !

I HOPE its a glitch. Its been going on for a few days. If the cabin you want is not available, instead of saying not available, it does not say anything. However, if the cabin is available it shows the cabin number. I have already emailed the webmaster about it. Let's hope they fix it soon.

I have another issue. On many occasions after I log in and go into my reservation I click on a tab like "excursions". I am then brought back to the log in screen instead of to excursions. Trying to go back a page does not get me back to anything but the log in screen. Then, when I try to log in again I get a message that my reservation is being modified, I cannot access it and I should try back later. An hour later I can log in again, with varying degrees of success in navigating to where I want to go without this same thing happening. What is clearly happening is some bug in the program which prompts a log in while still logged in and puts me in limbo until the program automatically logs me out after some period of time. Celebrity, are you reading this because it is driving me slightly nuts.

Jeffrey

Hi there!

I am also having a problem with the website. Although I am not going on the Baltic cruise until July 2008, I would like to check out the shore excursions that are being offered this year so that I can get an idea of what I may want to do in the various ports. However, when I click on the shore excursions tab, I just get a blank page, and If I do this on the My Celebrity page, I get a message that says it is too far in advance to see the shore excursions. How can I check ou the ones for this year?

Shelley

I've been trying to check on excursions for an upcoming Hawaii cruise and have had variable results. Sometimes I get in and sometimes it prompts me to re-log in. I know as soon as it does that, I'll not be able to get to my reservation because it says it is being updated. I'm only getting a few more white hairs at this point, but I do wish they would clear up the glitch!

I called Celebrity customer service about this because I was having the same issues and it was driving me nuts! I was told that you should not access your reservation using My Celebrity (in the upper right hand corner of the screen). If you do that, you'll get the message about it being modified and you won't be able to access your reservation. Instead, you should click on "Before Your Cruise." There will be options on the left hand side of the screen (e.g., "Manage my Reservation," "On-Line Check-in," etc.) You should use this route to access your reservation without having the same problems. I was also told that Celebrity was supposed to remove the who My Celebrity feature to clear up this issue, but obviously they have not.

I have found that when I enter through 'My Celebrity' if I click on 'Make a Payment' rather than 'Manage My Reservation' I have no problems maneuvering around the reservation. Of course I only have one reservation; I don't know if this would work for more than one.

Thanks all. But seriously, Celebrity should not be having this kind of problem with its web site. I have not encountered this on any other site. It is a glitch and they would rather take off "My Celebrity" than fix the bug. Oh well.

Archived