Sun Princess delayed

cruzegirl

I just heard from my friend that boarded the Sun Princess today that she is delayed.... She said they don't know when they will get underway but the lights are out and alot of the power is out... Has anyone heard anything else?? She's a first time cruiser and doesn't know to ask details or what to look for ....... Hope they get underway soon....... :p

Awwww, that is a shame, hopefully they will get the lights and power back up soon.

We have had this happen a couple of times, only not on the Sun but the Sea Princess. Usually, within an hour, they were able to repair the problem and we were underway again.

I will keep my fingers crossed it is just a minor problem that they can repair quickly.

I wouldn't worry too much. Like Toto, we had that happen to us once on the Sea Princess. They fixed the problem in less than 30 minutes and it was smooth sailing from that time on.

Happened to me on the Diamond Princess.......we were just outside the Port of LA when the engines stopped....and stayed that way for about 20 minutes. Then later in the cruise the power went out a few times.......they got everything up and running in less than an hour in each instance.

I hope everything goes well for your friend. I am sure for a first time cruiser she must have some concerns. The worse proble we had was the AC in our cabin not running as cool as you would expect while sailing in the Caribbean, but that problem was remedied in a couple of hours and never returned.

SAILINGLISA - Wanted to say hello, since I used to live in Wauwatosa many years ago. I had some good friends in Greenfield that I sadly lost track of.

I hope they are underway soon too.... Luckily she's taking it in stride and not much bothers her.... As of 7:50 p.m. pdt they are still at the pier....

I have to say, I've never had that happen to me where the lights went out...... as long as I don't have to get off the ship, I wouldn't care......lol........:D

i have lots of family on this boarding including my parents and they are many time cruisers and were surprised at how long things have been down. my mom just called and said they were suppose to leave shortly though, i hope so!

Archived