Spending Christmas on the Sun

Dear CC's,

How many of you have spent Christmas on the Sun?

How is it like? Do they have special program since it is Christmas? Also, are the fares cheaper or more expensive during holidays?

Angel

Dear CC's,

How many of you have spent Christmas on the Sun?

How is it like? Do they have special program since it is Christmas? Also, are the fares cheaper or more expensive during holidays?

Angel

Haven't had Christmas onboard, but you can grab some great deals. They were having 3rd person free for the Sun Princess a month or so ago.

I think a few people here have been on it during Christmas. I would love to have Christmas at Sea one year, but I think I'd like to have a white Christmas first.;)

hey there,

we spent christmas onboard the Star last year. As we got onboard the staff were putting up christmas trees and some decorations, they put up more leading towards christmas day. On christmas eve there are candles [well glow sticks] by candelight on the deck, with is a must. and there is a chruch service at about 11pm.

On christmas day there is a brunch style meal with dessert, pasta, meats, fruit, just about everything. It goes from 8:30 till about 3:30. Christmas dinner was nothing special, with just the ordinary food they serve onboard, no turkey, no ham ect

All up it was pretty alright , i think i had higher expectations.

With the prices my friends did the same cruise as me in Feburary and it only cost $999 and it will be more than double for the new year cruise this year..

hope this helps you

Happy Cruising

Teegiee

Hi ! We went on the Pacific Star Christmas cruise last year. There was a lovely children's choir singing Christmas carols in the foyer as we got on board (they didn't come on the cruise) and there were some Christmas trees and decorations. The dining room and lido buffet were decorated with a couple of cute gingerbread houses and that was all.

The Christmas brunch was nice. It was in the dining room and you could go anytime and sit wherever you liked. One of the crew was dressed up as Santa and he was friendly and went around to all the tables so you could take photos with him.

The Christmas dinner at night was horrible. A huge let down. I could have cooked a better meal myself and this year I will be! Some of the waiters wore Santa hats and I think they had carols playing.

They also had carols out on the deck with the entertainers and the crew. I'm told it was good but I was sick from that Christmas dinner by then and missed it.

They also had a variety show one night in the show room where some of the crew sang and they were heaps better than the paid entertainers. There are some really talented people working as waiters and waitresses!

Apart from that it wasn't any different to a "normal" cruise. From talking to the travel agent and P and O staff I was expecting it to have a more 'Christmassy' theme if that makes sense and even though the ports were fantastic and the cabin couldn't have been better I felt really disappointed with it.

The previous year we went on the New Years cruise and had the best time ever, so we plan to stick to new years cruises in the future.

How dissapointing Teegiee and PP, think I would have pretty high expectations for a Chrissy cruise, I would be expecting them to go the whole hog for Christmas dinner, just like many of us do here at home.

Think I'm with Jarrod and would love a white Christmas!

Archived