Caribbean Princess, Lido or Caribe Deck?

sblue

Hi everyone, We just booked a cruise on the Caribbean Princess catagory AB. We have room L246 (Lido Deck) or we can switch to C514 (Caribe Deck). Any pros or cons on either of these locations would be appreciated. Thanks, Sheila

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some of my pros/cons... you can decide what you see as a plus or minus for yourself and your group.

Caribe deck has largest balconies on the ship (estimated about 9 or 10 feet square!!) and they are 1/2 covered giving them a great open feeling. Lido balconies are nice, fully covered, but smaller.

Caribe deck is more central to whole ship, Lido deck is closer to top of ship, pools, getting to the buffet without stairs I believe.

C514 is more central than L246 - if you are worried about motion/etc. it won't make a huge difference but I like being as central as possible on the ship for both motion and getting around the ship.

The rooms and bathrooms are the same size, price should be the same (both BA category, right?).

I was in C710 on the Caribbean Princess in August and the room was great though I did think the aft location made for a long walk to the theater and midship dining rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the CP about 1 week ago and were in Lido 223 with a Balcony. Previously had a large partially covered Mid-ship Balcony Caribe cabin on the Coral Princess to Alaska which we LOVED. The Lido balcony we had on the CP was considerably smaller then our Caribe balcony but the Lido deck on this Carribean cruise was very convenient to the pools, Pizza Bar/Burger Grill and easy to get to Horizon Court Buffet or Cafe Caribe without taking elevators or stairs. We only used our Balcony on this sailing in the morning for room service coffee/juice so the size was adequate. The temps were quite warm and humid and if you kept the sliding glass door to the balcony open in the day or night, all the AC would leave the room and make it feel too humid. Opposedly, in Alaska where the climate was drier and milder temps, we definitely used our Larger Caribe Balcony more often and usually slept with the sliding glass door slightly open to hear the sound of the water at night. If convenience is what you desire, pick the Lido cabin. If you are the type that will utilize your Balcony alot even in warm/humid climate, choose the Caribe Deck. Hope this helps!!:)

Archived