Choosing A Date

So I finally passed my nursing board exam and I have a job and my fiance' & I can finally start REALLY planning our wedding. We are having problems choosing a date. We met on January 29, 1999. He proposed on November 5, 2006. Those are really our two special dates in our relationship, but none of the cruises I have looked at leave on either of these dates (we are having an onboard wedding in port before the ship sails). I could book the Glory for Jan. 26th, and then we would be on our honeymoon for our 9 year anniversary of meeting each other. I guess my main concern is not having enough time to plan accordingly. Part of me doesn't mind waiting awhile, and the other part of me can't wait to become his wife.

I guess what I'm asking is....how much time do you think I should allow for actual planning, dress shopping, invitation picking, etc. etc. etc......? Also, I am very concerned about choosing a date that falls within hurricane season. Although my wedding wouldn't be at a port-of-call, it still concerns me that a potential storm could ruin things. Any thoughts?

Well, first i wanted to choose a date like our anniversary which is Dec. 2nd, but the ship we wanted didnt have that date avalible, so now we are on dec. 8th, i guess you just have to narrow it down to a time of year, if you want to have it on your anniversay, that is fine, but remember now you will be getting a whole new anniversary! so it doesnt have to be like an already specail day, because whichever day you choose will be your new special day. I def. wouldnt recommened choosing a date during hurricane season, just because you never know! But January isnt during the hurricane season, the season is june 1-nov 30, however that isnt set in stone either. I dont know if Jan. will be enough time, just because it may not be enough time for the people you are inviting... so if it isnt alot of people and you check with them then you should be fine for the planning, but if you are inviting alot of people, i think you will need more time! I hope this helps! Good Luck!!

I would suggest that you give yourself at least 6-8 months to plan and prepare for your wedding. Also, although you have two special dates in mind, look into all your options for cruising. You want to make sure you are both a great ship and have a good itinerary. You'll just add a 3rd special date to your list. Cruising during hurricane season is risky so if you don't want that stress, I would avoid it. A few of us have also experienced the unhappy friends and family who disagree with our wedding plans. You have to go into this knowing that this is how you want your wedding and don't let others try to ruin in for you. I wish you all the best.

Melissa

Thanks for your thoughts ladies. We talked it over tonight at dinner (nothing better than wedding planning over some fabulous seafood! Haha!) and we have narrowed our dates down to 10/25/08 or 11/01/08. Even though it's over a year off, we figure that will give us PLENTY of time to plan and save up for what we really want. We should be able to actually book the date within the next 2 months so I'm pretty excited about it! :D

We started dating on October 23, 2004 and he proposed on September 9, 2006. We're getting married January 2, 2008. All new dates...why, you ask?

Because it's one more day he has to remember (I like to keep him on his toes; he hasn't let me down yet!) and it means one more gift for me! :D lol

lol. He says we wont celebrate our dating anniversary after we are married (thats what he thinks) and he proposed on Valentine's day so we would celebrate that anyways, and we are getting married on Dec. 8th. :o)

Archived