Carnival Holiday Obscured View

I'm already planning on my cruise for 2009 to celebrate my 60th birthday. I would like to leave from Mobile, AL since I never left from this port. I need a cabin with a balcony due to my claustrophobia (I stay in great shape this way because I tend to take the stairs and avoid elevators when they seem over crowded). Looking at the deck plan I noticed that half the suites have obscured view; can anyone tell me what it is that is obscuring the view.

Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas - January 13, 2008 (countdwn clock not working) :(

Norwegian SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

Just got off Holiday last week. Agree with the previous post, lifeboats obscure the view. And they are NOT private balconies. There are stairs that run just outside the balconies. So you cannot just walk out there in your undies (or less :eek:). Well, you could, but you may have an audience...

Have no fear, as there are rumors abound that there will be another ship running out of Mobile very soon. Sit tight, and watch for the news.

It was our first cruise, and we all now know how folks get hooked on them. It was MUCH better than expected.

I hope it is a large ship than the Sensation. I would like to see a 7 day cruisie from that port. I would also like to see the Holiday STAY in Mobile as a second ship...doubt that woudl ever happen but it is a great ship for a couple day cruise. I would love th option of a 7 day from there!

Thank all of you and I can certainly wait for another ship to come into port. My sister and I are sailing on the Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) out of Galveston on January 13, 2008. We already signed up for the Meet and Mingle so if anyone of you are on the same cruise make sure you jump on over to the RCL Meet and Mingle site and sign up too.

Sounds like you know alot about the holiday. I have a quick question. Does Carnival provide a transfer from the airport or should we catch a cab? We have only cruised out of Galveston so we are not sure. Thanks for any help from anyone who reads this.

Archived