Car Service to Cruise-Philly to Newark?

STEVEPCPA

We are looking to book a car/limo service to get from the Philadelphia area to Newark Airport (and back). We'll be flying to Hawaii to catch the ship. Has anyone used a service for a similar route that they were happy with? Do you remember an approximate cost? Thanks for any help with this!

I hope someone else has better info than I have and can help you with specific companies. But meanwhile, here are my thoughts:

We've never used a "company" to get to Newark (from a NJ suburb near Phila), but we have "hired" friends and neighbors to drive us to the Newark airport (and even up to JFK). The airport is right off the NJ Turnpike and dropping off passengers is easy. Maybe someone you know has a college kid home for the summer who'd like to earn a little extra $$$?? We usually use my car (station wagon- we take too much luggage), and DH drives up to the airport with the return driver in the front seat to learn the route. After unloading, DH hands the keys to the new driver- with a $20 for gas. When we land, we call as soon as they let us turn on the cell phone- by the time we get our luggage, the driver is close. Our "payment" to the driver depends on how crazy- and early- the trip is!

If you do hire a company (like Rapid Rover), verify that you will be picked up and taken to Newark with just your party. That company is notorious over here for driving all around NJ loading up their van before they actually go to the airport. You might be on the van for hours before they have enough people to "justify" the turnpike tolls!

Thanks to all for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately we do get in about midnight after flying all day from Tahiti. A friend just suggested A1 Limo. So we'll check into that as well. Thanks again.

Archived