Information overload

6miles

I am trying to get educated before booking a Danube cruise for September 08. The brochures are all beautiful and the itineraries interesting, Is there some criteria for deciding. Should we go to a travel agent or is booking online just as good? Are there any perks for booking either way? How do you feel about the huge discount Viking offers to very early (15 months in advance) booking? Help!!

I am trying to get educated before booking a Danube cruise for September 08. The brochures are all beautiful and the itineraries interesting, Is there some criteria for deciding. Should we go to a travel agent or is booking online just as good? Are there any perks for booking either way? How do you feel about the huge discount Viking offers to very early (15 months in advance) booking? Help!!

It is tough, no doubt about it.

It took me a while to decide and then I chose something different:confused:(different cruise line) . I am so happy with my choice and you will be too.

You have to first decide where you want to go and when you want to go then go from there. I knew which itinerary appealed to me most and found the cruise line offered it.

Good luck!

Alice, I am glad you found my review. We did the optional Salzburg trip and we loved it. We ate lunch at a restaurant(in Salzburg) that has been in existance since 803. A little touristy but great ambience. Order the roast pork..Wonderful!! We also went to the Concert in Vienna(optional) but beware no air-conditioning. It was a cool evening but its so crowded:(... The concert was wonderful and the venue gorgeous. Other than that most of the tours were included and there were a few others that didn't interest us... Have a great time:) ... We traveled alone and after a few days we met the greatest people so friendly and this made our trip...

We are going casual to the concert in Vienna. By casual, I mean no jackets for the guys, but we will clean up. It could be very hot in August. I can't wait to see the sights. We were on a one day river boat trip in Germany once and it was so beautiful. We took a train from Cologne and the boat back. It was beautiful.

Any recommendations for Prague? We will be at the Prisident Hotel, the Renaissance is being renovated. It seems to be in a good location. Let's hope it's OK. Tim said that we will be fine there. He is so nice.

I'm so happy to hear that you met up with people that made your trip memorable. I know that you didn't like the food. I hope that improves or I will go for that pork in Salzburg. I said before that I'll be having those sausages and beer everywhere if the food isn't great. I love all of the breads over there, too. I can live on that. Thanks for the information.

Alice, We loved the Renaisssance Hotel but I am sure your accommodations will be lovely. Around the cornor from the Renaissance Hotel is a rest. called Celnice . Outdoor cafe and we had pork this seems to be a trend in Prague.. The best meal we had was at our Hotel the duck was delicious and our tables mates had venison and loved it.. Some of the people went to the expensive and trendy Kampa Pk not sure of the sp!! We usually just stopped at a cafe that looked interesting:p lots of places to eat.

Don't forget the sausages in Regensburg go to the Historical Wurstkurche. My husband has never eaten sausages hates them and he ate six from this restaurant..

Also we dressed very nice for the concert in Vienna but there were lots of people in jeans, shorts very casual. No dress codes and I was quite surprised...No need just dress smart casual...

You are doing nothing to stop my excitement about this river cruise. I loved hearing about Prague. With three nights there, that is our longest stop. I know we'll love it. We are with another couple, but we all love to meet other people. I have been putting things aside to bring along and I really want to travel light. I guess everything that goes with black will do. Thanks so much.

Archived