Any costume events on Victory / Fantasy?

dance4fun

In the past on other ships, my wife and I participated in nightly costume events such as pirates, country / western, 1950s sock hop with poodle skirt. Do those type of events still exist on the current cruises? We are doing Victory at the end of July and Fantasy at the beginning of Nov.

Years ago, Carnival had the same thing.

However, the past 10 years...we have not seen that anymore except during the month of October.

Last year, Carnival had a one month long "Halloween" party on all their ships.

That is what I expect to continue. With your cruise in November, it looks like you missed it by one month.

In the past on other ships, my wife and I participated in nightly costume events such as pirates, country / western, 1950s sock hop with poodle skirt. Do those type of events still exist on the current cruises? We are doing Victory at the end of July and Fantasy at the beginning of Nov.

Formal night is the closest thing to it now.:D

the disco will have a theme on some evenings. Like a 80's night.

or a country night.

Since people have a weight limit to what they can pack I guess a lot of people stopped participating.

We started cruising in 2000 and never had people wearing custumes to the nightly events.

Does the infamous Beer and Bathrobe party count?

I can't believe I forgot about that....that is the best one. And the greatest thing is that Carnival provides the costume. (no packing issues)

These costume events used to be very elaborate. It was held in the main theater. Hubby still has an Indian costume that he wore several times. That thing has got to be almost 25 years old by now....

Does the infamous Beer and Bathrobe party count?

are these held on shorter cruises???

We had friends of ours who decorated his bathrobe up as formal attire.

wore shorts of course-- and the tie. and used the cumberbund around the robe and his dress socks and shoes. he looked awesome and wasnt dressed like the rest of them.

Archived