Some more questions

Watermanfunari

Hi Everyone, Just wanted some more questions answered. We will be on the Dawn in Oct. AF Mini suite

How much is the soda cards?

What Pier do I tell the cab driver to drop us off at?

Is there only one formal night? If so what night out on a 7 night cruise?

Is there any informal nights? or just the rest of the nights resort casual?

What night is Lobster night? (men, thats all they care about, :rolleyes: lol)

Does any of the pools have a walk in ladder or do you have to back down in them all? (I have a bad leg)

And tell me please, that the pool bands/music are good?

Tell me all about the chocolate buffet. :p

Will there be plenty of activities through out the day to keep us all busy?

(I won't say what cruise line but I was at many activities, and most of the older people fell asleep, :eek: I felt alone and bored half the time) Are ages range from 46, 47, 24, 17.

And if there is anything else you can think of about the Dawn ship that you think I would like to know about, please post all of it, I love reading about everyones adventures. ;)

SUE :D

Not sure how much the soda cards are as I never bought one. I'm a tea drinker.

It is clearly marked in NYC for the ship passenger terminals. Your docs should tell you which pier to go to exactly.

There is only one formal night on a 7 night cruise. It is usually the first full sea day. If you want to go resort casual you can though, it is up to you. All other nights are resort casual, but I have seen people who still dress to the nines every night.

Lobster night varies, but last time we were on the Dawn it was the same day as we went to the private island.

I never used the ladder to enter the pool, but I did see people go in forwards and backwards. I just slid in from the side.

Not sure about the bands at this time, since they have all changed since I was last on the ship. You could probably find out by reading recent Dawn reviews.

I never went to the chocoholic buffet, but I did see many people coming back with plates piled high with the stuff.

I found plenty of activities to keep me busy most of the time, but most people tend to be near the pool and hot tubs.

One of the things I enjoyed was talking to the ships officers who were on duty and patroling the ship during the wee hours of the morning. I have insomnia and it was nice to see that I wasn't the only person up at those 3-5 am hours. I also really enjoyed the cooking demos, they were very informative.

Sorry I coundn't help with everything. Hopefully someone on these boards will be able to give you the rest of the answers you need.

Hi,

Just came back from the Dawn on Sunday, The Lobster night was Monday Night, Everyone at our table orders 2 dinners each, so we would have enough Lobster. The Choclate Buffet was Monday at 2:30, the Pool bands were good, and they do have steps that you can walk down into the pool. The Soda cards were 28.75 each and well worth it. They had one formal night and it was optional, the other nights were resort casual, but if you didnt mind eating in the garden cafe (cafeteria style, but still very good), you could wear shorts. Hope this helps.

Castigle

You are going to love the Dawn. The ship is beautiful and sooooo clean. The crew was so nice. I don't ever remember going past a crew person without being greeted with a hello, good morning or a big smile.

We always went to dinner between 6 and 6:30 and never waited

. Going at that time we were always out fast enough to get to the show.

Enjoy!!!!

Jeanne

Thank You so much Castigle + Jeannep, Now I am getting even more excited. I can close my eyes and see it now, sitting on top deck with a drink in hand and the wind blowing through my hair and not a care in the world, well, at least for a week, lol.

Thanks again,

Sue + Joe

Archived