All things about the Navigator Of THe Seas

Hi all

We recently went on the Explorer and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a massive thread on the exploror, but little on the Navigator.

The ship has recently been redployed to Southampton, England, and we are thinking of doing a October cruise around the Canaries.

Has anyone been on the Navigator, particularly from Southampton? What is she like (say compared to Explorer), and there is an extra restuarant in there called Chops - has anyone been.

Perhaps if anyone has any photos it would be good to post them.

Cheers

Steve

Hi all

We recently went on the Explorer and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a massive thread on the exploror, but little on the Navigator.

The ship has recently been redployed to Southampton, England, and we are thinking of doing a October cruise around the Canaries.

Has anyone been on the Navigator, particularly from Southampton? What is she like (say compared to Explorer), and there is an extra restuarant in there called Chops - has anyone been.

Cheers

Steve

I am looking forward to the Canary Islands also will be sailing with my son and husband too. I love every cruise I go on.

Tj

We were on the NOS for our honeymoon back in 2003 (back-to-back). I love the NOS! Big, but still very nice. Chops was excellent. Portofinos was our favorite, but Chops was DEFINITELY worth the extra money. Enjoy!!!

Hi all

Cheers

Steve

We were on the Navigator last year when she was sailing to the western Caribbean. We loved it, our waiters were the best we have ever had (godwinn and savio) they taught my sons best friend this magic trick and he was going around all night showing random people lol. We enjoyed our CD alot, I forget his name but he was from Nebraska. The ship was itself was in very good shape also. We ate at Chops one night and it was the best we chops experiance we have ever had. Since you are looking European I can't comment, but you can't go wrong booking on her:)

We got married in Southampton last month & 40 of us jumped onto the NOS for a 3 nighter to Cork.

Well I guess I would say that it was the best weekend ever:D , but seriously this ship is absolutely superb & we have booked for next August too! :)

We cruised on the Navigator of the Seas last year and loved the ship! It is a beautiful ship. There are several cafes and shops in the promenade area. We loved the wine bar...I believe it's called Vintages (I can't remember). We ate at Portofino's and had a beautiful view of the ocean along with some of the best Italian food we've ever had. Definitely try one of the speciality restaurants....it's well worth the additional $20 pp. The ship also has an ice rink with a wonderful show (make sure you don't miss that). You can also go skating yourself as long as you remember to bring long pants with you. There's rock climbing, inline skating (you need socks for this also) etc etc. There's so much to do and see on this ship! To date, this has been our favorite ship so far. We are going to be crusing on the Mariner in 2 months, so maybe our favorite will change by then. In the meantime, have an awesome time and enjoy!

Don't worry too much about the kids.

We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago - full ship complete with 1000 children! No problems as we saw, just very excited & energetic (wish I could run up & down the stairs like 'em!) :D

Archived