Clip on Hair Pieces

puglvr

Does anyone have pictures of how thier hair came out using these clips. How hard are they to do?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my hair because I am always the one TAKING the pictures!!! Go to youtube and put Toni Brattin in the search. You will find plenty of HSN videos.

The are very easy to use, that is the whole purpose that I use them. I can look like I just had my hair done and the only time it took was for me to pull my hair back into a ponytail.

Does anyone have pictures of how thier hair came out using these clips. How hard are they to do?

72bef15dd15725dd00872371b8c8e833.jpg?timestamp=1184436000&token=ad2e9d4de5c5cde6be8dc46ab9cbae8a&fit=300x300&upscaleok=1

This is from our cruise. I bought a Toni Brattin hairpiece as I didn't want to curl and fuss with my hair. All I did was put my hair in a ponytail, then you use the built in clip to attach it to your ponytail. I thought it looked good and was so easy.

I have used Paula Young, and The Wig Company for pony tails and full wigs. Makes life very easy, especially if you want to go swimming.

They both sell very natural looking short hair wigs, and if worn correctly (I pull out some of my own hair and brush it over the sides) no one knows it isn't my own hair.

Both sell online, and have catalogues.

Good luck!

Carole

Takes me about 1 minute! It's very simple. You put your hair in a ponytail or twist and just clip the extension over it. I started a clip on frenzy on the Wedding/Honeymoon board! :) Here's the post with some pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=577692

I wish I could remember the name of it..

Go figure, I got a clip-on hair piece at a kiosk in the Mall of Georgia (around Atlanta). It was around $70, matched pretty well to my hair (light brown with blond highlights at the time). It came in different lengths, but I got a ponytail that went down to around my shoulder blades. It was pretty damn cute, and it (amazingly) looked natural (to anybody that didn't know me). I think it was called something like Soho hair or something.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

This is too funny! I have a ponytail piece that I occasionally wear to work when it's hot to keep my thin, fine hair off my neck and keep my short hair from flattening in the humidity. Well, one of the staff that sees me everyday told me she could tell the difference between new-growth hair and old growth-hair by my ponytail. She went on and on about the thickness & color differences and opined that it might be time for me to go to the hairdresser.:eek: After I told her it was a piece, she about died. :rolleyes: The color is slightly different from mine, but most can't tell a thing.;)

I spent like all day Friday researching the extensions and clip on pieces. I went to the closest Sally's to me and they didn't have a big selection of colors in the synthetic ones, but the human hair ones did - however, they were pretty long and my hair is shoulder length and I am still growing out a perm (STILL regret it LOL)

I definately am going to do at least a clip on or two for the cruise. I want to do the extensions, too, they look awesome. I wondered which brand was best. I like the style of the POP but their color selection didn't match my hair as well as other ones. I thought about just getting the ones I want and dying my hair to match (since I dye my hair anyway).

I posted earlier about my Toni Pony clip-on. After sending my picture with the fake hair to all my cruising friends, they are now in the market for big hair too! :p

We are making a stop in to Sam Moon's in Houston on the way to Galveston for our cruise on August 6th. One of the girls from Houston gets all her hair from there. She also said that the prices are reasonable (~$20) and the choice was plentiful. Fake Hair for everyone!

...Go to youtube and put Toni Brattin in the search. You will find plenty of HSN videos.

The are very easy to use, that is the whole purpose that I use them. I can look like I just had my hair done and the only time it took was for me to pull my hair back into a ponytail.

Ok, Now I think I have to have some. I have very thin very fine hair, do you think the combs will stay in my hair?

Ok, Now I think I have to have some. I have very thin very fine hair, do you think the combs will stay in my hair?

I have very fine hair also. I pull my hair back into a pony and then twirl it into a bun(sort of). Depending on the hairpiece I use, I either clip it over my "bun" or right above it.

HSN has a good return policy, if you don't like it, send it back.

I feel like I've seen those clip ons at either QVC or Home shopping club, but it's been a while. Both do hair stuff, so it's worth looking into. Ships can be very windy especially in the front and up on the highest deck. You might want to save your hairpiece for wearing in the dining room and inside places only.

I feel like I've seen those clip ons at either QVC or Home shopping club, but it's been a while. Both do hair stuff, so it's worth looking into. Ships can be very windy especially in the front and up on the highest deck. You might want to save your hairpiece for wearing in the dining room and inside places only.

I can't speak for the QVC or HSN hair pieces, but the Revlon ones do stay on pretty well. I'm a geek and I tested mine standing in front of an industrial floor fan in the garage. I cranked it all the way to high with no problem. I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to blow out at my beach wedding! :)

I used a few strategically placed bobby pins to anchor it as well, just in case.

I checked the Revlon web site and didn't see any hair. Can you direct me to a website?

I purchased mine at Sally Beauty Supply initially just to ensure a color match (I have weird, multicolored hair but it's naturally like that! lol). After I got a good match, I purchased 3 more on this site. They were a little slow to ship (about 2 weeks) but the quality was good!

http://www.maxwigs.com/ready-to-wear-hair-c32/

My new fake hair is the Toni Pony Original from HSN. The color is medium brown. It is on an alligator clip that I just put right over my 1 inch long pony tail. It feels very secure and I get lots of compliments! For $18.50, I think I got a pretty good deal.

649028056_newhair.jpg.3ae644aa4e34b2454e941d989e7bd065.jpg

I purchased mine at Sally Beauty Supply initially just to ensure a color match (I have weird, multicolored hair but it's naturally like that! lol). After I got a good match, I purchased 3 more on this site. They were a little slow to ship (about 2 weeks) but the quality was good!

http://www.maxwigs.com/ready-to-wear-hair-c32/

Thanks for the link! Do they 'clip' in also? Are they hard to attach?

Thanks for the link! Do they 'clip' in also? Are they hard to attach?

You're welcome! Yes, they are the clip in type. There are a few different types on that website, but the description will clearly say "Clip on".

I am very beauty challenged and I can do it so it must be pretty easy! All you have to do us put your hair in a bun or twist and clip the clip over your own hair. Here's a pic of what the clip looks like and what the hair looks like on. Yeah, the famous "bathroom" pics! lol

HairClip-1.jpgThe clip

Hair2.jpg My "backside"

Hair3.jpg

If you get the "right" color they DO match up nicely! :) I love these so much I bought three more of them in different styles! Hope this helps!

Wow, what wonderful ideas you all have. I love that look. Looks so special. The best ones are from HSN and QVC? NO local store except Sally, correct? We don't have a Sally close by, I may have to rely on internet shopping.

Thanks for the great looks.

You all look lovely.:)

Wow, what wonderful ideas you all have. I love that look. Looks so special. The best ones are from HSN and QVC? NO local store except Sally, correct? We don't have a Sally close by, I may have to rely on internet shopping.

Thanks for the great looks.

You all look lovely.:)

I had to drive about 35-40 minutes to a Sally. I don't have a local one either. :( If you have hair that is relatively easy to match color wise, you'll be fine. My natural hair color is a very obvious blend of a lot of colors so I had trouble finding a match. I almost dropped a lot more money on real hair vs. synthetic but finally found a good color match.

If you want to shop for one vs. buying online, try asking your stylist where to find them. They might know of a local store besides Sally that would sell quality ones.

Good luck and happy hair shopping! :)

I had to drive about 35-40 minutes to a Sally. I don't have a local one either. :( If you have hair that is relatively easy to match color wise, you'll be fine. My natural hair color is a very obvious blend of a lot of colors so I had trouble finding a match. I almost dropped a lot more money on real hair vs. synthetic but finally found a good color match.

If you want to shop for one vs. buying online, try asking your stylist where to find them. They might know of a local store besides Sally that would sell quality ones.

Good luck and happy hair shopping! :)

Thanks!! My hair has a lot of highlights in it. So they may be a good or bad thing:rolleyes: .

...I am very beauty challenged and I can do it so it must be pretty easy! All you have to do us put your hair in a bun or twist and clip the clip over your own hair. Here's a pic of what the clip looks like and what the hair looks like on. Yeah, the famous "bathroom" pics! lol

If you get the "right" color they DO match up nicely! :) I love these so much I bought three more of them in different styles! Hope this helps!

Thanks for the pics! I suppose that since I have my hair colored (sshhh, don't tell anyone!) that I could get one then just make sure my hair dresser colors mine to match.

Archived