Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites - Need Opinions

I'd like opinions about the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. On the website they claim they have "cruise deals" that include transfers to the pier.

Have you stayed here? What is your opinion? Is the water taxi within walking distance? Any restaurants within walking distance?

Thanks.

I'd like opinions about the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. On the website they claim they have "cruise deals" that include transfers to the pier.

Have you stayed here? What is your opinion? Is the water taxi within walking distance? Any restaurants within walking distance?

Thanks.

Haven't stayed there but my girlfriend has a house literally right around the corner from the Embassy and that is where other friends stay when we have big house parties.

Yes, water taxi is very close, lots of restaurants accessable without car.

Restaurants have been covered ad nauseum but if you search Bequia's post, she has quite an extensive list.

Two of my favorites not within walking distance are Seasons 52 and Charlie's Crab. CC may be on the water taxi route because it is on the water. Not sure because we go by boat.

Las Olas is also a great place to stroll.

Fort Lauderdale is a fantastic town.

They do have transfers to the pier, but after the cruise what do you do? We had a room booked with them and were going to leave our car parked there for their "cruise package" which is a few dollars more a day for the room and you can leave your car parked with them for $9.00 a day while on the cruise and they will shuttle you to your ship. BEWARE, they DO NOT PICK YOU UP WHEN YOU RETURN FROM YOUR CRUISE, I was told you can get a cab.......gosh, I hope cruisers are informed this before they get on the ship and upon returning stand around and wait or as I was told by one of the reservations clerks, well, we are only about a half a mile away, you really can walk to the hotel......ARE YOU SERIOUS???? have you ever sailed from Pt Everglades...do extensive checking on hotels in Ft Lauderdale

Archived