NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Are you kidding? :eek::eek: The last thing I would want is for them to run their business like the bickering' date=' partisan, money-wasting, bloated, incompetent, government!!!:eek::eek:[/quote']

If you really believe that silliness, you listen to too much Rush Limbaugh.

I recieved my 4 upgrade certificates today and am not sure how they work. Ideally, I would like a balcony category BD cabin for 3 people on a 7 day cruise. With the 4 upgrade certificates do I simply pay the price for 4 category's lower; the oceanview category F; and them select my category BD cabin? The certificates don't provide any details.

I think the most frustrating part for those of us who haven't received anything yet (or maybe it's just me), is that we don't have anything to be resolved. It would be easier for me to sit back and wait to hear about a resolution and instructions from the NCL/BOA if I had something to deal with. I feel like I should have something, even if it is messed up, and don't know how long to wait.:confused:

Misery loves company. I'm in the same boat - nothing in the mail again today!!

Something I just thought about - This BOA claim that they can't access out old records. Right now, I, and I assume everyone else, can pull up their December 2008 records that show our Compass Reward points. I think we should all make printouts right away. I would hate to come back later when I need to get a printout for proof, and find those points can no longer be printed out. Paranoid? Yes.

Not only did i print those out, but i even went on the ncl web page and printed out what they stated would happen and how our certificates would be handled. Just in case they go poof too.

Just received my letter. I was scared to open it since my grandkids are here and I didn't want to go balistic with them here. By my calculations I should have had 502 points (one $500 and one upgrade) They calculated 500 points even and sent me 1 $500 cert. I don't care about the upgrade so I'm fine.

I definetly feel like one of the lucky ones.

BTW my last 164 points were between my Dec 8 closing date and Dec 26.

I really feel for all of you who have to deal with the mess.

I'm glad to hear that you and others got your earned certificates. At least some people got it right.

Just doing what I know how to do!;)

I would recommend easing off for a while and let my contact work on it. I SWEAR I'll post back here anything I learn as soon as I learn it. I'm to get an email or phone call Monday with an update.

Sea Hound:D

Thank you so much for posting what you heard. I guess if all is true we will be getting what we earned.

Not being a trusting soul, the minute I got my Dec. statement showing 516 points I sent for my $500 certificate and received it promptly. Yesterday I got a 100 upgrade certificate and a notice saying I had 6 pts. go figure. Good luck to you all and keep fighting, the idea of getting the media and/or investigative reporters involved is a very good one.

Edited by Alvarado
spelling

I recieved my 4 upgrade certificates today and am not sure how they work. Ideally, I would like a balcony category BD cabin for 3 people on a 7 day cruise. With the 4 upgrade certificates do I simply pay the price for 4 category's lower; the oceanview category F; and them select my category BD cabin? The certificates don't provide any details.

Unless NCL has changed their policy on this:

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

To me the certificates are wothless. They should have just put those points in the bank so we can keep accumulating on top of those.

Not being a trusting soul, the minute I got my Dec. statement showing 516 points I sent for my $500 certificate and received it promptly. Yesterday I got a 100 upgrade certificate and a notice saying I had 6 pts. go figure. Good luck to you all and keep fighting, the idea of getting the media and/or investigative reporters involved is a very good one.

We did the same thing and used the certificate towards our final payment in January for our April cruise. We received 3 100 upgrade certificates today and wonder if we can use them all for 1 cruise.

Good luck to all of you who are getting short changed.

Jeanne

Great! now I know what to do with my dandy upgrade certificate - I'll move into my one category upgrade stateroom, while DW can stay in the old room!

I got my certificates today, well lack of certificates. I had a little over 1000 points and all they sent me was a 100 point upgrade certificate. I am really ticked off right now. i will call in the morning, but have a feeling they are going to screw me.

ecdmcguire - the $100 cert you got was for the "a little over 1000 points" and you should get the two $500 certs in the next week or so to cover the 1000 points.

CAll Latitudes - Loyalty Program

(info below)

what they told me was that FIRST the "extra" points over what you earned would be rounded up to the worthless $100 upgrade certificate....and to give till mid feb for your earned point certificates to arrive....

They are bombarded with calls, but they are nice, so call, call call

example, you got 503 pts, they first send out that you have 3 pts, and round to the $100 upgrade cert and mail that now. the $500 cash certificate to follow in 1-2 weeks.....THAT IS WHAT They said

OR IF YOU have 499 points, they put aside the 400 points for 4 $100 upgrade certificates (to be mailed in 1-2 weeks) and round your 99 to 100 for the worthless upgrade sent out now

they said,..."give it till mid Feb to get your certificates for the non-rounded points"

Mailing Address

U.S. & CANADA

Latitudes Customer Service

P.O. Box 026071

Miami, FL 33102-9075

Hours of Operation

Mon-Fri: 8am - 10:30pm ET

Sat, Sun: 9am - 9pm ET

I'm really in no hurry. I called BOA and was told to mail the info to the address everyone posted. Then I called NCL and they took all my info as posted here and said they would get back to me in 3-5 days.

So I'm not going to mail anything just yet, going to wait until the end of Feb and see if I get my $500 cert. if not, then I will mail out the info and call some more.

If I had final payment coming in the next week or so I would be a little be more upset.

My experience with the way the upgrade certificates work, is you book the cabin and category that you want. Then you send in the upgrade certificate and NCL credits your account for the difference of the cost of the category below and your cabin. This is not good for all categories, so when you book check to see if your category is included. As I recall Mini suites and Suites may not be included. Check your upgrade certificates and see if there is anything on the back for terms and conditions. The Certificates that I recently received $500 and i upgrade don't look like any other certificate I received in the past. They look like a statement printout not a certificate. Then you send in any $ amount certificates, so they can credit it to your balance. Be sure to send either return receipt requested or FED Ex, and leep a copy so you have proof. Then check 2 weeks later to make sure that it has been received and is being credited.

My experience with the way the upgrade certificates work, is you book the cabin and category that you want. Then you send in the upgrade certificate and NCL credits your account for the difference of the cost of the category below and your cabin. This is not good for all categories, so when you book check to see if your category is included. As I recall Mini suites and Suites may not be included. Check your upgrade certificates and see if there is anything on the back for terms and conditions. The Certificates that I recently received $500 and i upgrade don't look like any other certificate I received in the past. They look like a statement printout not a certificate. Then you send in any $ amount certificates, so they can credit it to your balance. Be sure to send either return receipt requested or FED Ex, and leep a copy so you have proof. Then check 2 weeks later to make sure that it has been received and is being credited.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this question. I know a few of us have posted this same question a couple of times here but your remarks spelled out exactly what we are suppose and how we are suppose to handle the certs.

Hi All

I guess I am in the same boat (ship) some of you are in. Waiting for my certificate $500, and my ship sails on the 14th.... The other day I received a 1 category upgrade, when I was expecting $500, my December statement showed 480 points and after that I paid for my NCL cruise and christmas so I am sure I earned 20 points, then my January showed 38points. What happen to my points nobody knows..... My NCL rep is working on this apparently Bank of America no longer has a compass rewards department.....

OK, I think this is beginning to make sense.

I still haven't gotten a thing in the mail.

I stopped using my card before my December billing cycle ended. On my December statement, I had a point balance of $1,000 exactly.

I had no purchases at all from the December billing statement end date and December 31.

So, I have no "odd" points, so that's why I haven't received anything.

I'm hoping in the next week or two, I will get my certificates.

Any one else in a similar situation?

Sea Hound:D <-- Prefers the laid-back approach!;)

If so, they why did you contact the 'chairman'? Why should everyone else wait just because 'you' are going to be contacted? Are you working to help everyone else? If not, then please stop telling people to chill. Many our out significant amounts of money and are rightly upset. "Chillin" won't get them what they earned.

ecdmcguire - the $100 cert you got was for the "a little over 1000 points" and you should get the two $500 certs in the next week or so to cover the 1000 points.

So glad I checked this board. We had over 500 points and received a certificate this week for just a 100 point certificate, so we were a little steamed. We were going to dig up a statement that showed our point balance being over 500 and call - but had been hoping in the meantime another statement might come. I guess I'll wait another week or so in hopes it will come.

If anyone in this same boat can post if/when they get the certificates they earned, please post and update us and I'll do the same.

THANKS!