NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Just received my letter. I was scared to open it since my grandkids are here and I didn't want to go balistic with them here. By my calculations I should have had 502 points (one $500 and one upgrade) They calculated 500 points even and sent me 1 $500 cert. I don't care about the upgrade so I'm fine.

I definetly feel like one of the lucky ones.

BTW my last 164 points were between my Dec 8 closing date and Dec 26.

I really feel for all of you who have to deal with the mess.

i had 551 points as dec,24,2008. today i got a 100 points 1 cat upgrade, oh i am tee d off, i need some advice larry

That would be wonderful' date=' but how did you come across that information?[/quote']

I sent an email last night and I got a call from the Chairman's office at 9:15 this morning. They've been working on it all day and just got back to me about an hour ago. My contact promised to call me back Monday with an update. I'll post what I learn as soon as I get anything.

Again, I would recommend easing up on BoA and NCL this weekend and let's see what comes out Monday.

Sea Hound:D

i had 551 points as dec,24,2008. today i got a 100 points 1 cat upgrade, oh i am tee d off, i need some advice larry

The upgrade you got was for the 51 odd points. You will receive a $500 certificate for the rest.

On one of my cards, I had 1,190 points and I received two $100 certificates for the 190 points. I'll still get two $500 certificates for the rest. On my other card, I only had 518 points and I received a $100 certificate for the 18 points (a deal, really!) and I'll get a $500 cert for the rest.

This is important!! I just spoke with my cruise consultant at NCL, who called back after getting information about the meeting his supervisors were having about this, when I called the first time. He says that NCL is trying to resolve this issue, even though they are not the cause of the problem. He took the last 4 digits of my MC and asked me how many certificates I thought I was owed and how many points I had as of Dec. 31. I told him I had 1008 points posted on Dec 31 and only received 1 upgrade certificate, and was owed two $500 certificates. He told me someone would contact me within 48 hours (not sure if that includes the weekend) about resolving this issue.

Call 866-234-0292 NCL in Arizona. Explain your personal situation to the rep and the will take the info. They do not want a lot of bad will, and are trying to resolve this. I cannot post his name and extension here, but he was very helpful, and I think that all the reps in Arizona have been told to take down customers information. Be nice, and be patient. The NCL reps are doing their best.

When I hear from someone, I will post it here.

Edited by c breeze

I sent an email last night and I got a call from the Chairman's office at 9:15 this morning. They've been working on it all day and just got back to me about an hour ago. My contact promised to call me back Monday with an update. I'll post what I learn as soon as I get anything.

That would be wonderful news. Looking forward to your posting when you hear more definitive information regarding the resolution of this issue.

This is important!! I just spoke with my cruise consultant at NCL, who called back after getting information about the meeting his supervisors were having about this, when I called the first time. He says that NCL is trying to resolve this issue, even though they are not the cause of the problem. He took the last 4 digits of my MC and asked me how many certificates I thought I was owed and how many points I had as of Dec. 31. I told him I had 1008 points posted on Dec 31 and only received 1 upgrade certificate, and was owed two $500 certificates. He told me someone would contact me within 48 hours (not sure if that includes the weekend) about resolving this issue.

Call 866-234-0292 NCL in Arizona. Explain your personal situation to the rep and the will take the info. They do not want a lot of bad will, and are trying to resolve this. I cannot post his name and extension here, but he was very helpful, and I think that all the reps in Arizona have been told to take down customers information. Be nice, and be patient. The NCL reps are doing their best.

When I hear from someone, I will post it here.

Now I don't know what to do. A. Call NCL in Arizona B. write the letter to BOA resolution dept. or C. do as Sea Hound suggested and wait until Monday when the Chairman will get back to her on their fix. Maybe I'll just chill this weekend and see what everyone has to say on Monday. :D

I did just that as soon as I received my December statement online. When I started having a "gut feeling" that the Compass Rewards program was nearing an end (see page 64, post #701), I'm sure others thought I was paranoid. Shortly thereafter, it happened. No, I did not have inside information, and no, I'm not psychic!

Looking back, as soon as we received the BofA letter we should have gone ahead and called for our certs from one card so we'd have them for our upcoming cruise. We decided to wait so that we would have that extended expiration date in case something happened and we had to change our dates.

I did just that. I got all of mine which was 3 $500 and now I only have the last $500 I just earned in Dec. that they did not get correct.

I'm so glad I called and ordered the three.

Edited by judyf

I think the most frustrating part for those of us who haven't received anything yet (or maybe it's just me), is that we don't have anything to be resolved. It would be easier for me to sit back and wait to hear about a resolution and instructions from the NCL/BOA if I had something to deal with. I feel like I should have something, even if it is messed up, and don't know how long to wait.:confused:

I think the most frustrating part for those of us who haven't received anything yet (or maybe it's just me), is that we don't have anything to be resolved. It would be easier for me to sit back and wait to hear about a resolution and instructions from the NCL/BOA if I had something to deal with. I feel like I should have something, even if it is messed up, and don't know how long to wait.:confused:

Maybe yopur is on hold as they found issues. Not getting anything yet could be a good sign.

Don't give up yet, I only received mine today. Of course, it was missing 2 $500 certs

Edited by Stillfloatin'

Got two envelopes at our house today, for our two cards.

My wife received her correct certificates: (1) $500 certificate and (1) upgrade certificate, for her 530 points. Around 100 of those points were earned after her December statement closing date.

I should have received (3) $500 certificates and (1) upgrade certificate, since I had earned 1575 points. Instead I received (0) $500 certificates and (3) upgrade certificates, and the "final point total" these were based on reflects ONLY purchases made after my December statement closing date (295 points).

Edited by DaveCruises

Now I don't know what to do. A. Call NCL in Arizona B. write the letter to BOA resolution dept. or C. do as Sea Hound suggested and wait until Monday when the Chairman will get back to her on their fix. Maybe I'll just chill this weekend and see what everyone has to say on Monday. :D

FWIW -- Sea Hound is a him. Can't you tell by my picture??!?!??;)

Edited by Sea Hound

I just got off the phone with NCL and the rep indicated that the first mailing , that started on 2/1 was for the amount of points over the 500pt incramants..which in my case is right. In a about a week I should receive another envelope with the certificate for 500 pts......fingers crossed....

Edited by RichNY

I just got off the phone with NCL and the rep indicated that the first mailing , that started on 2/1 was for the amount of points over the 500pt incramants..which in my case is right. In a about a week I should receive another envelope with the certificate for 500 pts......fingers crossed....

That may make sense to me as we discontinued using my CNL BOA cared in Nov. once we hit the 500 reward points. got a letter in this afternoon's mail on my card stating we had earned a $ 500 certificate as well as a $100 certificate for an upgrade on a futute cruise.

Nothing regarding Dh's card that shows we earned a $100 upgrade certificate even though our Dec. billing mid-month showed we had more than $500 in cruise rewards on that card.

Feel a bit like a song by Jonny Cash right now, ``know when to hold them and now when to fold them.''

Guess I'll continue to hold our mouths about the discrepancies until later this month.:cool:

Dianne

Stillfloatin' -- I can't tell you or anyone else what to do but, unless you've got a cruise leaving in the next few weeks, I would recommend chilling.:cool:

Everyone is aware of the problem and working to fix it -- some have already received the correct documents. I and others haven't but I'm willing to give them at least until the end of next week.

My payment deadline is the end of this month for my June cruise and I'm not worried. Worst case scenario, I'll have to pay up front and then let NCL reimburse my credit card when the certs do show up.

I plan to relax over this beautiful 70 degree weekend after we've been freezing (in the 20s) this week!:eek:

Sea Hound:D <-- Prefers the laid-back approach!;)

Stillfloatin' -- I can't tell you or anyone else what to do but, unless you've got a cruise leaving in the next few weeks, I would recommend chilling.:cool:

Everyone is aware of the problem and working to fix it -- some have already received the correct documents. I and others haven't but I'm willing to give them at least until the end of next week.

My payment deadline is the end of this month for my June cruise and I'm not worried. Worst case scenario, I'll have to pay up front and then let NCL reimburse my credit card when the certs do show up.

I plan to relax over this beautiful 70 degree weekend after we've been freezing (in the 20s) this week!:eek:

Sea Hound:D <-- Prefers the laid-back approach!;)

Have to agree with you Sea Hound. some of us have to take time to `chill out'' before we get too upset with this Compass REwards debacle.

By the Way, temps in Ohio are supposed to get up to the mid '50's Sat. To us, that's a heat wave. If temps get to 70 degrees, we will go out sun bathing for the day.:D

Dianne

Everyone is aware of the problem and working to fix it -- some have already received the correct documents. I and others haven't but I'm willing to give them at least until the end of next week.Sea Hound:D <-- Prefers the laid-back approach!;)

After getting myself all worked up, I'm taking your advice and going into island girl mode. I don't need the certs until July for final payment on my fall cruise so it's a little silly for me to continue down the "sky is falling" path. I'm gonna enjoy the weekend and 'jus be in a chill, mon and give the corps time to get this straightened out. :D Besides, I'm leaving on a cruise in 9 days, and all this stress will blow away with the tropical trade winds.

Edited by Stillfloatin'

We were very upset after receiving only a $100 upgrade cert. in the mail today and I decided to check the boards. DH is going to call later tonight and see what they tell him but I feel better knowing that MAYBE our $500 cert. will be forthcoming in the mail. Our next cruise is not until September, so no worry.