NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I just recieved what BOA states is our final certificates. Problem is now I have 5- $100 certificates! What do I do with these???

I have the same question. We received 1 $500 certificate and 4 $100 category upgrade certificates. I know that the $500 will be taken off the total price of the cruise, but since upgrades within the category are seldom $400, are the category upgrades basically useless?

Also, does anyone know about receiving a military veteran rate on NCL? Someone told us that if my husband showed the travel agent his military discharge papers that the rate would be better than the fare for "age over 55" or "Latitudes." Does anyone know about that? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know about receiving a military veteran rate on NCL? Someone told us that if my husband showed the travel agent his military discharge papers that the rate would be better than the fare for "age over 55" or "Latitudes." Does anyone know about that? Thanks!

I'm using the Military discount as a vet on my next 2 cruises. At least on my sailings I've been able to get multiple discounts (seniors, latitudes & military). Let the TA know & they should note that on your reservation. Then the military desk will send a form for you to fill out and return to them. (I'm not sure if that discount applies to all sailings)

I had some questions about the mil disc in the past and emailed them. They were helpful:

MilitaryDesk@ncl.com

Edited by mbisson

I have the same question. We received 1 $500 certificate and 4 $100 category upgrade certificates. I know that the $500 will be taken off the total price of the cruise, but since upgrades within the category are seldom $400, are the category upgrades basically useless?

But we received 5- $100 certificates whe we should have received 1 $500 one! We also have not heard about what they are doing with our other account.

Edited by I'm-a-cruise-lover

Hi,

Just wanted to post on this thread that I received my corrected Compass Rewards certificates today. (Received only a one hundred point upgrade certificate for 1166 or so points on Feb. 5). Waited to see if they would correct on their own, and they did. Received two $500 certificates today, Feb 17.

Hmmm... I just remembered that I had a second NCL card that I have not used in a few years... It had fewer that 100 points on it MAYBE that is what the upgrade certificate is for. Hopefuly the $500 ones will come this week!

The correct certificates arrived today!

We received $1500 worth of corrected certificates today, in addition to the $500 correct certificate we received with their initial mailing. $2000 is what we were expecting and hoping for and we received $2000 plus 2 upgrade certificates. We're all settled now :)

Has anyone redeemed their certificates from the end of the program closing yet? How long was your wait until your account was credited? Does the 'send it to NCL: Attn Accounting Department trick' to speed up processing still work?

Are they $100 off the price certificates or 100 point category upgrades? $100 off is better in my opinion

You need to look a little better at your certs. There is NO SUCH THING (never was) as a $100 certificate. You get either (depending on the points you had) ...

A) $500 certificates

OR

B) 100 Point ONE CATEGORY UPGRADE certificate.

I'd LOVE $100 certs ... as I now have 7 of the 100 POINT certs (2 cards) that will be doing me no good as we usually get AF or higher. :o

Ah well ... it is what it is ...

I received my corrected cert today and they got it right this time. I never got a call back as they promised so I called again last week and was told to send my documentation is I did not hear by the 20th of this month.

Those 100 are points, not $$$. It was possible to get 5 of them instead of $500 if you had 400+ points but not quite 500. They rewarded us with extra upgrade cert for any leftover points. Thought they might be on the right track when hubby got his 100 yesterday for the 40 points he had leftover. If I ever decide to get an upgrade at least I have 2 cert now.

I had to write to NCL to get my $500 certificate instead of the 100-pt certificate they originally sent. But the phone call I got says they're aware that about 25% of cardholders had errors and that they are correcting them.

Perhaps someone has already posted this but in case not, should you need to dispute what you received, the address to write to is:

NCL COMPASS REWARDS RESOLUTION

NC1-022-17-01

201 N. TYRON ST

CHARLOTTE NC 28255

BobK/Orlando

Feb. 4 2009 - sent a long, detailed & polite letter to the address listed here on the thread via regular mail with highlighted copies of what I should be receiving from them - I had 483 points as of my December 13th billing date. I charged $425 as a prepaid OBC for my NYE cruise to confirm the 17 balance points before 12/31 so I could get to $500 certificate. I also charged non NCL stuff before 12/31 totalling $1,007.96 at 3% rate which gave me 30.24 points for a 100 point upgrade certificte.

I sent this lettter in because of the panic I felt on the boards but figured hey let me give it a shot. I gave my cell phone number and asked to be called when they received my lettter and straightened everything out.

Feb. 5 I receive a 100 point upgrade certificate. I figured this crossed in the mail with my letter so I was glad that I sent my "unsolicited" letter.

Feb. 10 - I received a phone call on my cell from a very helpful gentleman who confirmed that they received my letter and that my corrected certificate for $500 and one for 100 point upgrade would be going out in the mail shortly and I should receive it within 7-10 days. I asked what the problem was and he said that with the whole conversion thing many accounts were screwed up but that they were working very hard to clear up everyone's accounts.

TODAY - February 17 - I received the $500 off certificate - and the 100 points one category upgrade certificate

So I am a happy camper!!! Good luck to all of you..Thank you for all the information provided on this thread... GO NAVY!! later all...Marla

I got my corrected compass awards today too.

Can someone post the address again to send them to NCL? ust to make sure I use the right one.

Also waht's the best and cheapest way to send them?

Thanks

We received $1500 worth of corrected certificates today, in addition to the $500 correct certificate we received with their initial mailing. $2000 is what we were expecting and hoping for and we received $2000 plus 2 upgrade certificates. We're all settled now :)

Has anyone redeemed their certificates from the end of the program closing yet? How long was your wait until your account was credited? Does the 'send it to NCL: Attn Accounting Department trick' to speed up processing still work?

Hi Judy,

I always send mine priority mail with delivery confimation (around $6) to this address:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attention Accounting Department

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

lumonny,

I did send in my certificates that I received in January after final payment. I had a credit on my charge card exactly one week after mailing, which I thought was fantastic service!:)

Edited by Maryfrei

Lumofny..when you send in the $500 certificates. what do you reference? Confirmation number, sailing date, ship, all of the above? How far in advance can you send them? I want to use it for a November 2009 repo cruise that already is holding my cabin with a $250 cruise rewards deposit. Thanks for your valuable info... Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone....GO NAVY!!! later all... Marla

Lumofny..when you send in the $500 certificates. what do you reference? Confirmation number, sailing date, ship, all of the above? How far in advance can you send them? I want to use it for a November 2009 repo cruise that already is holding my cabin with a $250 cruise rewards deposit. Thanks for your valuable info... Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone....GO NAVY!!! later all... Marla

Send in all your info.. I make a copy of the confirmation sheet and send that ( make copys of everything for your records) and send it signed fedex .

Edited by mpk218

I propose to send all the USELESS certificates to the CEO of BofA as a token of our appreciation and let him use the upgrades for his cruises.

LOL..that is rich..I'll do it if eveyrone else will...would love to see "corporate" faces when they would get all the mail...like the scene in "Miracle on 34th Street" in the courtroom when the mailmen bring in tons and tons of bags with letters addressed simply to "Santa Claus"..the judge's expression is priceless...

Thanks for a good laugh for the day....take care all...safe sailings and happy cruising to all

You can send them in whenever you wish. I usually wait until I am approaching final payment in case I wish to change my plans. The required information is on the back of the cert, just flip it over and fill in the blanks, that's all they need.

which gave us 120K points in a few months with 10, 5, 3 points per $1 spent. So I transferred it to CO air for us to fly home from London from a TA in April. Next year we will change from Citi World MC to Citi Platinum AMEX for more great perks. With the BOGO air, ID theft protection, yearly credit score & reports from all 3 agencies are far over in value of the $125 yearly fee & first year is FREE.