NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Seems we have a cruise that we can use our one upgrade certificate for (I'm shocked!). But before I do, I'm unsure of one thing. Is the Compass Rewards One Cat Upgrade Cert (100 pts) good for both people booked in a cabin, or is it just one person per certificate with the other person paying the higher price?

I expected to see that in the terms & conditions on the back of the certificate, but it's not there.

Thanks

Seems we have a cruise that we can use our one upgrade certificate for (I'm shocked!). But before I do, I'm unsure of one thing. Is the Compass Rewards One Cat Upgrade Cert (100 pts) good for both people booked in a cabin, or is it just one person per certificate with the other person paying the higher price?

I expected to see that in the terms & conditions on the back of the certificate, but it's not there.

Thanks

One upgrade certificate = ONE person upgrade. :( The second pays the higher price.

Monte,

I believe you only need one certificate for the upgrade. You can call and double check though. There's an 800 number on the back of the certificate.

Hope you get a good upgrade. :D

I just saw the above reply after sending this. I would think it would be for the cabin, but I'm guessing C Breeze has inquired and told you needed two.

Jackie

Edited by angeljt

I was just informed by my TA that we can only use 3 certificates per person. The credit card is in my wife's and my name, and the certificates all have my name on them. I had four $500 certificates and wanted to apply them all to my $3500 balance. Does anyone know if this is correct, or do I need to start a fire under someone?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

We booked a cruise for spring break next year to use our remaining $1000.

We used $2000 on a Med Cruise last year and I REALLY wish I would have remembered how I sent them. When my DH called Norwegian they told him to mail them to the address on the certificate and have them insured but from what I'm hearing they aren't insurable? My question is if they are lost in the mail and we have copies can they be replaced??

I'm going to go back and scour this thread but have most been sending them registered?

Thanks

I was just informed by my TA that we can only use 3 certificates per person. The credit card is in my wife's and my name, and the certificates all have my name on them. I had four $500 certificates and wanted to apply them all to my $3500 balance. Does anyone know if this is correct, or do I need to start a fire under someone?

Thanks

We used 4 ($2000) on our Med cruise last year but we booked directly with NCL.

Hi everyone!

We booked a cruise for spring break next year to use our remaining $1000.

We used $2000 on a Med Cruise last year and I REALLY wish I would have remembered how I sent them. When my DH called Norwegian they told him to mail them to the address on the certificate and have them insured but from what I'm hearing they aren't insurable? My question is if they are lost in the mail and we have copies can they be replaced??

I'm going to go back and scour this thread but have most been sending them registered?

Thanks

I sent my certificates REGISTERED MAIL the last two times (not certified, as I have stated previously), so there would be insurance http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...49&postcount=4

I decided to go with registered mail so it can be tracked all the way, and would include insurance - claim the value of the certificates on the spot where it asks for the value of the item being mailed. I also asked for an online return reciept for an extra 85 cents. Total $15.81 (old price)including insurance. You can track it online all the way!!!

One upgrade certificate = ONE person upgrade. :( The second pays the higher price.

Monte,

I believe you only need one certificate for the upgrade.

I checked & c breeze is correct. Now I need to decide if it's worth it to us to move up a deck or two (that money could come in handy for drinks ;))

Thanks C Breeze, I think that's what I'll do as well.

I remember I didn't have any problems and they showed up pretty quickly in my online acct. I'm just such a worrier I'll feel better when I see the credit.

We almost just didn't use the certificates so I'm glad I found this little 4-nighter that fit into our schedule. We still have a handful of upgrades we may toss them in an envelope, mail them in and see if anything happens.

Thanks again

Thanks C Breeze, I think that's what I'll do as well.

I remember I didn't have any problems and they showed up pretty quickly in my online acct. I'm just such a worrier I'll feel better when I see the credit.

We almost just didn't use the certificates so I'm glad I found this little 4-nighter that fit into our schedule. We still have a handful of upgrades we may toss them in an envelope, mail them in and see if anything happens.

Thanks again

Happy Sails! :)

In May I sent my $500 Compass Reward certificate to the PO Box listed on the back of the certificate. I sent it Certified/Return Receipt. (Of course, I photocopied the certificate before I mailed it) I think the total cost was about $5.50

I mailed it on a Tuesday....but Wednesday of the following week I received an email from my Trav Agnt letting me know that NCL had applied the $500 credit to my remaining balance.

...just look at it this way; this is the last time most of us will ever need to mail the Compass Rewards Certificates.

Years ago, we started with expensive "UPS Letter" handling, but by the end, an envelope and a single stamp worked fine.

I'll miss the glory days of the NCL rewards program.

We got the new cards for all four accounts, and they haven't changed the style to the ugly orange card they show on the site. They've all been the "classic" blue Dawn card.

We ended up switching to the Capital One Pro with 2% rewards on everything.

In May I sent my $500 Compass Reward certificate to the PO Box listed on the back of the certificate. I sent it Certified/Return Receipt. (Of course, I photocopied the certificate before I mailed it) I think the total cost was about $5.50

I mailed it on a Tuesday....but Wednesday of the following week I received an email from my Trav Agnt letting me know that NCL had applied the $500 credit to my remaining balance.

I didn't realize you could get a return receipt from a PO box. I thought someone had to sign for it??

I have another question for you experts...

Can I use a certificate from my father's account?

They don't want to use them because they are ready to try another line.

I seem to remember reading a way around the 'non-transferable' clause. I think that it went something like.....my parents need to add me as a user on their account. Is that the way it went?

My parents have since closed their BOA account...so I don't know if they could open it back up and add me.?

Also, my fathers first name is my middle name. I don't know if I could take advantage of that?

Any guidance?

Thanks for any help.

I don't believe you can use the cerificates. A few years ago we wanted to let our daughter use one from our card and they said my husband and/or I had to be in the booked cabin we were even trying to add her as a card holder and it was a no-go. But maybe someone else has had better luck with finding a way around the guidelines. I doubt having the same name will be of assistance as they are pretty astute to identites on the ships.

I didn't realize you could get a return receipt from a PO box. I thought someone had to sign for it??

Yep Cruisin....you can get a Return Receipt! It is Post Office stamped with date of delivery and signed, showing it was received by "NCL". :D

Here is my recent experience with sending in certificates:

I had payed a $1000 deposit on a $2800 cruise for my family of 4 for a minisuite. My outstanding balance was $1800 and due in July. 2 weeks ago, I mailed in 5-$500 certificates and 3-$100 upgrade certificates. I used the corporate address, not PO box. I also sent a letter asking for $700 to be credited back to the same credit card that I had used for the $1000 deposit. (I sent in $2500 in certificates but only owed $1800.) I also asked for ANY monetary value or OBC for the 3-$100 upgrade certificates. I cannot use them for a minisuite and will not cruise again before they expire so it was worth a try. The 3 $100 certificates were promptly returned to me with a letter saying I would have to use them on another cruise since they were not valid on mini suites. Oh well. I tried.

I had my TA call today to check on my balance. She found out that my cruise is indeed paid in full and there was a $700 overage. My TA requested that it be refunded to my credit card. My TA was told by NCl that they would not have credited it back to me if they were not requested to do so. I guess that means they just threw my letter in the trash. Maybe the TA has to make the request? You never know with NCL. Anyway, my TA said it is being refunded to me and I should see the credit in a few days.

As long as that credit does show up, I will be a happy camper!:)

Similar situation. $500 deposit. $2200 cruise fair. $2k worth of certificates. No credit back to credit card. NCL acknowledges the $2500 total payment. I hope I get $300 in OBC for tips. TA won't request the refund.

Similar situation. $500 deposit. $2200 cruise fair. $2k worth of certificates. No credit back to credit card. NCL acknowledges the $2500 total payment. I hope I get $300 in OBC for tips. TA won't request the refund.

YOU should request that NCL credit your credit card, if you sent the compass reward certificates to NCL. NCL will not give you an OBC, but the should give you $300 on you credit card. Call Latitudes.

Fire your TA. Seriously that's TERRIBLE customer service on your TA's part.

I'm getting ready to mail my certificates in but am confused about where to mail them I didn't realize there was another option other than the one on the back of the certificates???

You have 2 choices and from what I've read, they both work so either way you'll be fine. The address on the back of the certificates goes to a PO box and the address I used goes directly to accounting (which is where they would take it after they pick it up from th PO box). I used the following address and sent it certified mail, return receipt requested. Cost was $5 and some change. I sent it on a Friday and it was received and signed for 3 days later on Monday.

Attn: Accounting

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks, I think I'll send it there. The fewer people handling it the fewer people to "mishandle" it.

I have sent mine "registered mail" twice, and claimed the value of the certificates. I think it is about $10 more than than certified, and someone has to sign for it every step of the way, that may slow it down by a day, but I was told that if I claimed the value, it would be insured.

We had no problems at all, we also will get a refund of over payment because of a price drop. NCL will send a check to our agency at time of final payment then they'll forward one to us. We didn't use a charge card for the deposit because we used a future cruise certificate, that's why the return will be by check.