NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

"Using the NCL card for a sailing or anything sold by NCL will earn you double points."

So, I still think the best thing to do is to just transfer the $250 to your savings or checking, and then use your card on the ship for the double points.:) That's certainly the simplest. The tranfer can be done online -- no phone calls.

what's the rules with using the NCL credit card to put a down payment on a NCL cruise and then continuing to use it to make payments?

is there a fee?

do these "purchases" earn points?

thanks!

I didn't have the NCL MC when I booked my cruise back in Oct 2012 - but I can attest to the fact that .. YES! You get double points when you make payments to NCL with their card. I don't think it would count if you were paying through a Travel Agent though. The info that I got with the card says double points on ANY NCL purchase. This past billing period I made an $850 payment and got 1700 points :) the extra set of points show up as a separate earnings line item called NCL Bonus Points.

I used an online travel agency to book my cruise and charged it to the BoA NCL card for double points. The points must be posted on your bill before you can redeem them. You only need about 2 months before your cruise to make it work so if your cruising 12/8 you have plenty of time to accomplish this and accumulate more points. The points are very quick and easy to redeem by calling the number on the website.

So the NCL MC gives you double points even if you are going through a travel agent?

Awesome - it's been years since I've used a travel agent.. I can't even remember how it all works.

Look for a TA that offers an on board credit bonus for using them. My OBC from an online agency has been combined with the World Points OBC.

I have a question to make sure I am following this correctly... I have over 55000points, does that mean I can transfer it and have 550 taken off my trip...that would be so amazing

You could also convert 50,000 points to $500 cash then charge $500 towards your cruise and get the double points :D

I have a question to make sure I am following this correctly... I have over 55000points, does that mean I can transfer it and have 550 taken off my trip...that would be so amazing

You could also convert 50,000 points to $500 cash then charge $500 towards your cruise and get the double points :D

Yes you can MAMATAMA, I like Twelvevman's idea better though. Wish I had thought of it. :)

this sounds to good... I have triple points now and still owe all on the cruise...I am going to see my TA today....I would like to pay off the cruise except for the points i'll earn...then apply those to the balance...

thanks somuch for the help....I will let you know how I make out:)

How do I go about doing this? I booked my cruise with Costco travel. Do I contact the credit card company, Costco travel or cruise line to do this type of transfer.

Thanks

Cathie

How do I go about doing this? I booked my cruise with Costco travel. Do I contact the credit card company, Costco travel or cruise line to do this type of transfer.

Thanks

Cathie

If you log into the World Points site for BOA there is a category for "Cash". You can choose to convert to your checking account or as a check or statement credit. You need to have a minmum of 2,500 points to redeem for cash, but you need at least 25,000 before you get the true 1% as cash. 2,500 points = $12.50 but 25,000 = $250 https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=mwprwd&locale=en_US|TRUE

I do apologize if this has been asked & answered before but being 170+pgs long I just haven't found it, so:

In actual practice, how long does it take to earn your initial 10,000 points? I hear 4-6 weeks, 2 billing cycles...I am wondering what the reality is. If, for example, you make a purchase the DAY you receive your card, and then within about 4 days, make a payment on that purchase (which is what I did TODAY), does anyone know how quickly I might get my points applied? I did try calling BOA and NCL and didn't really get a clear answer, one dept was closed, one said since points weren't applied yet, they couldn't say, etc.

TIA!!!

I do apologize if this has been asked & answered before but being 170+pgs long I just haven't found it, so:

In actual practice, how long does it take to earn your initial 10,000 points? I hear 4-6 weeks, 2 billing cycles...I am wondering what the reality is. If, for example, you make a purchase the DAY you receive your card, and then within about 4 days, make a payment on that purchase (which is what I did TODAY), does anyone know how quickly I might get my points applied? I did try calling BOA and NCL and didn't really get a clear answer, one dept was closed, one said since points weren't applied yet, they couldn't say, etc.

TIA!!!

The points do not post until you actually get a bill generated. You can see on the BOA website to see your next statement date. I got my bonus points on the first statement, but that was a number of years ago

I recently received my new NCL Mastercard. I saw the trip insurance coverage information included for the card, but did not read it all. If you book a cruise and pay for it with the card, are the usual trip insurance items covered automatically with this card? Has anyone had to use this and been covered adequately?

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had the time to read all 173 pages of this thread but I didn't so I have no idea if I did this right or not but my experience:

I wanted to use some of my points for an OBC so I called the toll free # on the back of my card. I was transferred to another person @ BOA who couldn't help me so they transferred me to their cruise department. They realized that they couldn't help me either since they didn't make the original reservation so I was transferred to NCL. The 1st person at NCL couldn't handle it so I was transferred to another person and guess what...they couldn't help me either. That person put me on hold to find out who COULD help me out. Then I was finally talking to someone that could handle my request. After almost 45 minutes I finally got what I was looking for. The moral here is call NCL 1st.

I wish I had the time to read all 173 pages of this thread but I didn't so I have no idea if I did this right or not but my experience:

I wanted to use some of my points for an OBC so I called the toll free # on the back of my card. I was transferred to another person @ BOA who couldn't help me so they transferred me to their cruise department. They realized that they couldn't help me either since they didn't make the original reservation so I was transferred to NCL. The 1st person at NCL couldn't handle it so I was transferred to another person and guess what...they couldn't help me either. That person put me on hold to find out who COULD help me out. Then I was finally talking to someone that could handle my request. After almost 45 minutes I finally got what I was looking for. The moral here is call NCL 1st.

I had a very easy experience when I transferred my points over. I just called ncl and told them what I wanted to do. they took care of it for me in less than 5 minutes. since I am traveling with 2 others and we will have our own accounts, I made sure they specified it was in my name only to use. I made sure they emailed me the new info with the obc amount showing. I will print it and take it with me when I board the ship.

I had no problem with point redemption, and just had the money posted as a credit on the card. I was going to have a check mailed, but this seemed so much simpler. There did not seem to be any advantage to the OBC option, and in fact if you take cash or credit on the card, you will earn bonus points for the money spent on board if you pay for that with your NCL card.

• 2 weeks later...

thank god I found this! I just spent 45 minutes looking- I CANNOT FIND where to see how many points I've accrued.

All I see on that world points page is how many points you need to redeem certain things, and then links to sign up for the credit card which I already have! I've had it only about a month now, and it HAS gone through a cycle of billing. Where on earth do I check the # of points I have?!

thank god I found this! I just spent 45 minutes looking- I CANNOT FIND where to see how many points I've accrued.

All I see on that world points page is how many points you need to redeem certain things, and then links to sign up for the credit card which I already have! I've had it only about a month now, and it HAS gone through a cycle of billing. Where on earth do I check the # of points I have?!

this is how I find mine. go to the bank of America site and log on to your ncl account there. in your current statement click on '' rewards '' ( it is on a bar that gives you options too look at stuff on your statement ). it will show you how many points you have. good luck and I hope you find it.

Edited by dustyroad

Make sure that you check your account early onboard your cruise. Our onboard World Points credit some how fell off our reservation. That was the explanation of the cruise consultant who ultimately helped us resolve some of the errors. The front desk is not at all helpful. Wish I could praise them as much as I have the other crew members.

Take your World Points in cash. Do not trust the onboard credit program. As others have said on this blog, they really give you the runaround.

Enjoy your cruise

i had them send me a new reservation statement with my obc showing on it. I saved it and printed it out to take with me. if there is a problem I have proof that I am suppose to have it credited to my on board account.

We got an offer in the mail today for 5X the points (up to 2500 bonus points) on restaurant, gas, drug store, or grocery purchases through Sept 30, 2013 using your NCL card. Just a heads up so you don't throw away something that looks like 'junk mail'.