Is Ketchikan a tender port?

flagger

I was just reading a review where the poster said she had to tender in Ketchikan. We are there on the 14th from 0700-1600 arriving after the Sun and Sapphire Princess at 0600 and 0630 respectively.

We are scheduled for a 1200 flight with Island Wings and now I am wondering with the two hour flight time/shore stop if we will have enough time to make it back to the ship.

Just did a quick check of the port ship schedule on your date and only saw three ships scheduled, the ones that you mentioned, so unless something has changed you should be able to dock. Three ships can definitely dock in Ketchikan -- I remember that fact well, because we were tendered all day when we were there this year while three others were docked. Looks like you have your Island Wings flight at a good time in your stop, so you should be all set. Here's a link to a port schedule site if you didn't already have it: http://alaska.nwcruiseship.org/port_schedules.cfm

When we were in Ketchikan last week, only three ships were in port, but one of them (the Celebrity Mercury) was still tendering passengers. Ourselves (the Summit) and a Princess ship (sorry, don't remember which) were docked at the Pier. I've heard that sometimes even if you are tenedered in, if another ship leaves they may bring yours in later. However, on this particular day both other ships were gone by about 3pm.

I do not think Sapphire and Sun tender, and the pier can hold 3 ships if they are small enough (length wise). I just saw you are on the INfinity. I believe you will dock as I have seen it on their webcam and was supposed to be on this cruise earlier this summer. Sitka was the only tender port on the itinerary.

When we were on the Mercury on the July 16-23rd cruise, we docked (at the end) with 2 other ships. A Princess ship tendered. So, maybe the ships rotate who docks and who tenders with 4 ships in port. We were in port on Wed from 9-3.

Archived