oxygen use on ship

vmcpa

My father would like to take a cruise, however, he is on oxygen 24/7. Is a cruise possible. Are certain cruise lines and or ports easier to accomodate people on oxygen. Any advice would certainly be appreciated.

I would contact your cruise line. Some will let you bring your own equipment. Others have certain companies that supply oxygen. I am cruising in Aug. This is my ist cruise with oxyegn. I am using acare Vacations. You can find them on the net. Hope this helps.

My mom is also on O2 24/7 and we rented from Care Vacations. It was very expensive since we also had to rent tanks besides the concentrator. Mom decided to buy an Inogen 1 system and it has been wonderful for her. We were anble to get a deal with 3 batteries and we just flew to Aruba and stayed there for one week. We rented a concentrator and used the portable machine for the beach and any other time we were not in the room. We had at least 7 hours of battery time and could refresh the battery in the car or with an electric plug.

What this long rant is about is that it is less expensive to rent just a condensor for the cruise.

My mom is also on O2 24/7 and we rented from Care Vacations. It was very expensive since we also had to rent tanks besides the concentrator. Mom decided to buy an Inogen 1 system and it has been wonderful for her. We were anble to get a deal with 3 batteries and we just flew to Aruba and stayed there for one week. We rented a concentrator and used the portable machine for the beach and any other time we were not in the room. We had at least 7 hours of battery time and could refresh the battery in the car or with an electric plug.

What this long rant is about is that it is less expensive to rent just a condensor for the cruise.

I have been trying to get Care Vacations to respond to my emails regarding a quote for a room concentrator. I have an Airsep Lifestyle which I can use outside the cabin but it would be nice to have a concentrator with a forty/fifty foot hose.

I requested a quote and they sent me an email for more information. I responded twice and there has been no response.

Disappointing...

Toni

Hi Toni,

You might want to call them on their toll free number. That's how I usually communicate with them. It is: 1-877-478-7827. I've found them to be very helpful and I know that they will be able to help you out.

Hi Toni,

You might want to call them on their toll free number. That's how I usually communicate with them. It is: 1-877-478-7827. I've found them to be very helpful and I know that they will be able to help you out.

Thanks Judy. I'll give them a call this week.

Toni

Archived