Harwich car rental

Does anyone know about renting or dropping of a car in Harwich? :confused:

I am booked on Jewel of the Seas TA and want to rent a car in London and then a week later, drop it in Harwich to board the ship. All suggestions welcomed!

We have done this and used Eurocar. I think Hertz also has a drop in Harwich. I hope that helps.

Karen

Thanks so much; I will try both and see what they have to offer. You would think more people like to rent one ways from/to Harwich and London airports.

Does anyone know about renting or dropping of a car in Harwich? :confused:

I am booked on Jewel of the Seas TA and want to rent a car in London and then a week later, drop it in Harwich to board the ship. All suggestions welcomed!

suggest using the train from London,check out onerailway.com,from Liverpool St Station.straight to ship

no hassle

I have tried many hire companies in the passed,none want to no ,port is out of the way.no companies at the dock.

British Tourist Office in the US told me that Budget Rent-a-Car has an outlet in Harwich at 23 Station Street, Dovercourt, ph: 01255-242222 can anyone verify that??

Thanks again!

British Tourist Office in the US told me that Budget Rent-a-Car has an outlet in Harwich at 23 Station Street, Dovercourt, ph: 01255-242222 can anyone verify that??

Thanks again!

Just checked their web site, no drop off or hire in Harwich town or Port. Harwich is still good distance from the port.

I checked every way to rent a car to drop off for this Sept at Harwich or surrounding areas,none,so I booked a train from home to port by Liverpool St Station, as said previously,train stops next to the ship, wonderful service by porters, who do not ask for tips, like Miami.

We did this trip last year and there was a boat train provided ,that left 12 mid day ,straight to the ship.

Check onerailway .com for times and price

Just checked their web site, no drop off or hire in Harwich town or Port. Harwich is still good distance from the port.

I checked every way to rent a car to drop off for this Sept at Harwich or surrounding areas,none,so I booked a train from home to port by Liverpool St Station, as said previously,train stops next to the ship, wonderful service by porters, who do not ask for tips, like Miami.

We did this trip last year and there was a boat train provided ,that left 12 mid day ,straight to the ship.

Check onerailway .com for times and price

Thanks MAKEM: yes, the train may be a solution but our plan is to do some motoring in the UK before boarding the ship, hence the rental car question.

Does Budget in the UK have a toll-free telephone so you could ring them???

Budget here in the US did not know how to spell Harwich, let alone assist me in locating a branch there :)

Thanks again from summery New Hampshire USA

Auto europe will meet you at the pier-the number in America is 888-223-5555 . They bring the car from Ipswitch- I did this earlier this year at the end of my cruise on the Jewel. YOU MUST CALL the office in Ipswitch before you board to confirm they will be there when you return. IT is pricy but worth it. We went to Deadham and Colchester- both fascinating- Canturbury and Cambridge are other options as is Windsor Castle which is very close to Heathrow.My complete review is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=568942

Auto europe will meet you at the pier-the number in America is 888-223-5555 . They bring the car from Ipswitch- I did this earlier this year at the end of my cruise on the Jewel. YOU MUST CALL the office in Ipswitch before you board to confirm they will be there when you return. IT is pricy but worth it. We went to Deadham and Colchester- both fascinating- Canturbury and Cambridge are other options as is Windsor Castle which is very close to Heathrow.My complete review is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=568942

We're going to be spending a few days in England after our cruise next month. We rented a car through Auto-Europe, but will pick it up in Chelmsford, not Harwich. Sure, that means taking a relatively short train ride, but it's much less expensive.

Archived