transportation JFK airport to carnival and back

ilona

:) We are taking the Carnival cruise from NYC to Halifax, Boston etc - boarding and returning to New York JFK....we have not been there and we would like know if what is the best transporation when we arrive to get to the port and when we leave the ship to get to the airport what is available - we are making our own flight reseverations not the cruise lines....thanks for any information

To some extent what is best depends on what you are looking for....

ie. inexpensive easiest etc.

Super shuttle and airlink run shared service at about 18.00 per person each way. A cab is $45.00 plus tolls and tips per car. Car services will pick you up for about the same(see Carmel for instance). You can take the airlink train to the subway and get a bus for about $7.00 per person(but it hard with luggage)....and you will still need to walk a couple of blocks. there is bus service to port authority in Manhattan where you can get a cab....

if you look at http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ken_transportation.html under JFK these are all listed.

I would recommend a cab. Carmel Car was bad when I used them. They are about $15 dollars more, even when you figure out after tips. I had to wait 20 minutes for my Carmel "car". You can just pick up a cab anywhere at the airport.

Archived