Booking on Hold? What does this mean?

sherin65

Booking on hold please contact your Travel Agent or Carnival (MessageID: 1203)

This message is on my reservation page at carnival.com. We are booked with a group through a travel agent at my mom's YMCA. Is the message just due to the type of booking or is there something I need to check into?

Sher

Don't worry about that message... I had the same message on mine, and yes I'm with a group booking... it will be there untill everyone pays their balance in full and all sail & sign forms have been filled out... then it will be sent from the group dept. over to the air/sea dept.... it just takes time for them to do this... as they are slow haha...

This message is on my reservation page at carnival.com. We are booked with a group through a travel agent at my mom's YMCA. Is the message just due to the type of booking or is there something I need to check into?

Sher

It probably is nothing, but I would call and make sure.

I have the same thing... I am also with a group crusie and I KNOW we had a late payer who just yesterday paid off their cruise. It's still saying that this morning so I am not sure if Carnival is just slow or if it's still saying that because of the sign and sail forms are not complete. :confused:

I booked with a group (first time not doing it on my own) and they havent even given me a booking number :mad: they said i will get it in the fall :( I am not crazy about that. I love to have my funpass and everything filled in asap.

I booked with a group (first time not doing it on my own) and they havent even given me a booking number :mad: they said i will get it in the fall :( I am not crazy about that. I love to have my funpass and everything filled in asap.

This seems odd, because as soon as you are booked, regardless of whether or not you are booked with a group, you get a booking number. You do not have to be paid in full, just deposited. Sounds to me like someone is in "total control" mode.

im glad u started this thread - cause im in a group also and i get that same message and have gone around and around with my ta to get the group released. I also have called carnival and they said the ta must release the group b4 we can view the docs.

i called my ta and she said carnival does not have edocs ... i told her -- not true !!!

l but anyway long story short - i get the same message and we cruise in sept... i might have to wait til we get the paper docs .................:D

This seems odd, because as soon as you are booked, regardless of whether or not you are booked with a group, you get a booking number. You do not have to be paid in full, just deposited. Sounds to me like someone is in "total control" mode.

Timmys mom is right - when you book you get a booking number right away, regardless of whether or not you are booked with a group. I have booked with a group 4-5 times over the past few years, and every single time have gotten my booking number immediately after booking.

I booked as part of a group and I got a booking number as soon as my payment with the TA was confirmed. I went online and filled in my online boarding pass info. But I still get the boarding on hold message as well.

I called and asked she said she will have the booking number in Sept, I know this is not right and i should be able to get the booking number now. Not much I can do It is a very large TA. Friends that have booked with them many times said they never got thier booking number till just before the cruise. I told them that isnt right they should get it right away. Think I will stop in there tomorrow and have a little chat with the TA

We are with a small group and one family has this because they are taking a foster child with a different last name and they are wanting the documentation (in this case a court order) before they clear the booking.

I also Paid in Full the balance due on my sailing in September on Monday and same message came up for us. Called my TA and She said not to worry as Carnival has been slow in removing this message. She has had many complaints about this message. I am also with a Group Booking and received my booking number the day I deposited for the cruise. You should have a booking number.

I am a first time cruiser, so I can only share this one experience . . .

My group started booking 1 year out with a group booking number.

I was paid in full 2 months out (1 day before our group's full pay deadline) and got an individual booking number as well.

The same day I paid I also filled out the FunPass online and the next day got the "booking on hold" message.

Frantically called Carnival 'cause I'm a newbie, and was told bookings would be released 30 days before cruise. I was real nervous about waiting a month for the message to change. But it did! exactly on day 30!

Some other facts for me/our group:

I elected E-docs and Carnival will not have my sign & sail info until I arrive for embarkation

Others in my group elected docs by mail and only did their FunPass online last week

And for one person in our group, he paid his balance only yesterday.

So it seems to me that FunPass, Sign & Sail, and payments in full are not prerequistes to releasing the booking from "on hold"

Hope my experience relieves any anxiety.

I called and asked she said she will have the booking number in Sept, I know this is not right and i should be able to get the booking number now. Not much I can do It is a very large TA. Friends that have booked with them many times said they never got thier booking number till just before the cruise. I told them that isnt right they should get it right away. Think I will stop in there tomorrow and have a little chat with the TA

Go get 'em! LOL! They have no reason not to give you your individual booking number. Don't leave the office without it.

Also getting the message on our group booking, but the TA said not to worry about it as they requested final payment to the agency before it was due to Carnival. With a group as large as ours (around 160) they have a lot of work to do and a big payment to make to the cruise line.

Was told the "Booking on Hold" will disappear once you have passed the final payment date with Carnival. If you book with a TA not Carnival your final payment is about 30 days earlier to make sure all payments are received. Once you pass Carnivals final payment date you will see it change then....

Was told the "Booking on Hold" will disappear once you have passed the final payment date with Carnival. If you book with a TA not Carnival your final payment is about 30 days earlier to make sure all payments are received. Once you pass Carnivals final payment date you will see it change then....

Not necessarily- we are cruising in 5 weeks. Payment date has come and gone not only for group rates but for individuals booked.

We still cant view our documents since the agency does not make their huge payment to the cruiselines until 30 days before. We will be able to see our documents in about another 2 weeks.

hockeylover-- there are two numbers-- one of which is a group booking number and an individual number. ask for and get YOUR individual booking number. You should not have to wait til September (Unless you did not pay the full deposit)

hockeylover-- there are two numbers-- one of which is a group booking number and an individual number. ask for and get YOUR individual booking number. You should not have to wait til September (Unless you did not pay the full deposit)

We booked through Sears and are paying on the 12 equal monthly installments (first time doing it this way also) I know they have a big sale blitz going on for the week of our cruise, it is the high school, grade school and college March break down here for that week. I was told that they are adding people to the group booking constantly because of this, it isnt just my group but others that want to book and get in on the group rate too. But this still doesnt explain why she cant give me my individual booking # :mad:

We got that too. Also, even though we called into our TA 2.5 weeks ago with the final payment it has not shown up on my credit card yet. I do have a room number assigned to me though and even got an upgrade :)

I have been battling the same issue.

We paid in full,

are past the date of no return,

have filled out the FunPass,

and have been charged for the cruise.

My TA claimed that since we booked an internet special, it was booked as a group. Anytime someone in the group was 'working' on their reservation, we all would be on hold. They told me to try logging on at odd times, like at night. That was a load of crap.

I spoke with a bunch of Carnival folks and one finally told me that the docs just would not be released until at least 4 weeks before we sailed.

No logic, no reason. Maybe they just want to wait until the last minute so they can shuffle around all the guaranteed rooms, certainly leaves their options open. I just wish they had a less confusing way to do this.

I know that I am not booking with that agency again (unless its so cheap that I cannot resist:p ).

When I got this message on my group booking, I was told by Carnival that there were some concerns about the spelling of some of the names on the passenger list. We were past final payment and this message was still there. After I assured them all names were correct, this message was removed the next day. This is done as a precaution to make sure everything is correct, so as not to incur the 50.00 name change fee. At least this was the answeer I was given.

We booked through Sears and are paying on the 12 equal monthly installments (first time doing it this way also) I know they have a big sale blitz going on for the week of our cruise, it is the high school, grade school and college March break down here for that week. I was told that they are adding people to the group booking constantly because of this, it isnt just my group but others that want to book and get in on the group rate too. But this still doesnt explain why she cant give me my individual booking # :mad:

I guess I don't understand why you cannot get a booking #. When ever I have booked a cruise I have gotten my booking number when I make the first payment. It happened that way with the CCGroup I am taking in October and I paid my deposit like 14 or 15 months early. They added people as late as this week to our group.

. But this still doesnt explain why she cant give me my individual booking # :mad:

being curious-- (ok its really being nosey-sorry)

did everyone that is booked in the cabin with you pay the full deposit--$250.00 each??

or is that part of your payment plan?

Archived