Cartier Watches aT A DISCOUNT?

Queenk2

I am looking for a particular Cartier watch. In the past, when visiting Paris, I was able to negotite with the Cartier store on Place Vendome and get a watch for about 40% off list price. Since we are visiting Villefranche, and have hired a driver, does anyone have a recommendation of a shop? I have also heard that watches are priced lower in Spain. We are going to be there as well,again with a driver. I don't want to bore you with my itinerary so since we will be in the Med...any country will do! LOL! Any and all information will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Karen

If Cartier prices and discounts the way other companies do, i.e., Rolex and Omega, their bottom line is pretty much written in stone. If they are not an authorized dealer, you could be asking for trouble down the road. I speak from recent experience. I just purchased a watch and have been researching the prices like crazy, because the price of the watch is crazy. I'm sure the prices in Europe are controlled by the designer exactly in the same manner that they are here in the US as well as the Caribbean.

--Judy

Karen,

I agree with Judy. Stay away from anyone not officially licensed to sell Cartier goods. You could sorry down the road.

Since Spain and France both use Euro's, I can't imagine that the Cartier store in Spain would charge less Euro's that one in France. If you know the exact style of the watch you want, I'd call both those stores and ask them.

Go onto the Cartier website. It has a list of all their stores around the world.

I'm a savvy shopper and always comparing the prices of luxury goods in different places, so I'd love for you to post the results of your search. I bought a Prada bag in Paris a few months ago that I saw in NY before my trip and even with the terrible euro/dollar exchange I saved 20%. However, I've never seen a price break from one European country to another other than goods being less in the "home" country, e.g. Loewes goods are a little less in Spain than in other parts of Europe.

As I said in an earlier post regarding this topic, I have learned a lot in the past week about so-called grey market goods. The watches, from what I understand, are purchased legally from distributors by non-authorized dealers. What this means is the price to the consumer is maybe 10% lower than a legitimate authorized dealer, but the warranty is probably not valid.

I am totally P****ed off about a certain large chain of international diamond stores. You know which one I mean. I realized yesterday that my warranty card wasn't stamped by the store whch means I have zero recourse with the manufacturer as far as repairs are concerned. I'm not even sure they will replace the batteries. The watch has to be returned to the factory for their batteries. I wrote an email to the store when I first bought the watch because I thought they forgot to fill in the paperwork. I realize now that it is because they are a non-authorized dealer. They are a huge company throughout the caribbean. I am so angry about it. And the worst thing about the deal is it wasn't such a great price to begin with. I sent them another email yesterday asking them to explain why they use deceptive practices to get people to buy their jewelry.

--Judy --> who should have known better to buy into the Oprah hype about this watch. At least I know what time it is on the West Coast as well as the east.:mad:

Archived