Oosterdam - how bad are the hair dryers?

HJK001

Is it worth taking my own hair dryer? I like to dry my hair with something more than a light breeze. Please tell me they're better than that and I can save the weight in my suitcase for something more fun!!!! Thanks!;)

When I was on the Oosterdam I used their dryers....not bad, just took awhile for my hair to dry. I have long hair though, and lots of it. On the other hand, I have friends that have much thicker hair that refused to use the Oosterdam hair dryers because they would take absolutely forever. Not incredibly strong, but not very weak either if that makes sense. My advice would be if you have thick hair or don't want to take a few extra minutes to dry your hair, bring your own. Don't know if that helps or not. Enjoy your cruise!

The hair dryers were replaced with the SOE upgrades. S and R class ships still have the old ones that are hard wired into the bathroom, BUT they also have the new ones TOO. The one I had on Westerdam was mounted on the base of the drawer in the dressing room.The new hair dryers are usually found in one of the dresser drawers. I've never had any problem with the new ones on the Zaandam or the Maasdam either, I think they are pretty effective.

GN

• 1 month later...

Archived