After getting off RCCL's shuttle to the port, then what?

Hi everyone,

A first-timer question: What exactly happens after we get off of the RCCL shuttle bus at the port? Do we have to carry our luggage far, or is it immediately taken by a porter to the ship? What then -- is there only one (probably l-o-n-g) line we have to stand in, or are there different lines for different things, like security, RCCL check-in, etc? I've read lots of cruise reviews but we still don't really have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks for your help! :)

Unless they've changed things at Port Canaveral since I was on the Sovereign last year, the bus pulls up to a covered area, and then they let you off... I think if you have your luggage already tagged with your stateroom tags, etc., then you don't have to do anything else, they'll make sure they get to your room.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken. :)

One RC transfer or otherwise you do not have to lug your bags around. Whether you arrive by cab, personal car, or any other transportation, there are porters at curbside ready to take your bags. Such has been the case on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or Princess. Make sure your room tags on already on the bags. We always put them on before we board whatever transportation we are taking to the pier. It's too crazy at the pier to do it.

Enjoy.

Don't forget! The porters have their hand out and expect at least $1.00 or $2.00 per bag (depends on the port). Even though they only carry your bag about 10 feet, you have to pay them.

Great info springtxbill & Hypo, thanks so much for answering me. My hubby just went to the bank yesterday and got a pack of 100 $1 bills, which I'm sure we'll fly through for tips. Thanks for reminding me though... even though it's just a few feet, you're right, they'll need to be tipped (we DO want those bags to make it on the ship! ;) )

Archived