best spot for viewing NCL Pearl

luvsvacation

The front which offers the most expansive viewing is pretty crappy in my opinion. Full overhead windscreens 3 sides and no ability to get to the front sides due to navigational equiptment. Not a well thought out ship for Alaska, my opinion only.

So my spot was deck 7 port side. I did spend all the early morning at the front from dawn, but when it got crowded, and for the start of the glaciers, deck 7 was superior for me. I did switch side to side many times, again my preference.

Spinmaker Lounge was the only other good forward viewing, again you need port side, but be forewarned, it's the smoking side in the lounge and extremely limited seating, because they have all these big "couches" which seat only a few people, and not receptive to sharing. :)

I second the suggestion for deck 7 port side. Amazingly enough, on our sailing in May, deck 7 saw very little use, even on the day we sailed Glacier Bay.

A couple more suggestions, not specifically for Glacier Bay, but some nice places to sit inside the ship if you need to get out of the weather for some reason. BQ mentioned Spinnakers, which is wonderful but does tend to be crowded. If you don't mind side viewing, we found that the library worked well. We'd sit and just gaze out the windows at the view while trying to read - and saw several whales that way. We also found that you could sit at the tables in Mambo's during the way without being in anyone's way.

Have a wonderful cruise! Wish I was going again...

Archived