NYC Terminal - Manhanttan

tina6296

:confused: Help! I have never left out of NY before. DH and I are unsure if we should drive in and park or take a train? We're leaving Aug 12 on the Spirit. Any advice, directions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:)

I guess it really depends on where you are coming from.....If you don't mind driving, then drive......The lot is secure and right at the pier.. Taking the train would also require taking a cab to and from the station..NOT FUN !! Have a great cruise..:D

We drove from the Boston area last April. I was a nervous wreck about making it to the pier in one piece (and without killing any of the kids) But it worked out great. We arrived in plenty of time despite the snow and pouring rain. I think we're driving again when we go on the Crown in Oct.

It is highly unlikely you will hit snow in October. Any chance of you driving in the night before the cruise? I can't give directions as I am not a driver but I agree that driving and parking is probably easier than taking the train and having to cab it with all the luggage.

It is highly unlikely you will hit snow in October. Any chance of you driving in the night before the cruise? I can't give directions as I am not a driver but I agree that driving and parking is probably easier than taking the train and having to cab it with all the luggage.

I didn't think we'd hit snow in April either.lol

Is a car service an option? I loved being picked up at my house & taken striaght to the pier then back home again. It was a bit $$ more than parking would have been but not having to contend with midtown traffic as the driver was worth it to me.

I didn't think we'd hit snow in April either.lol

don't bet. Among NY worse snow storms have happened in April....none in October....

Just what Smeyer said. We have had some pretty horrendous snow storms in April. None in October. Hurricanes are another story.

Thanks everyone!

Smellytoes - we're coming from Cape Cod. How long did it take you?

We came from Quincy, got on 95S and stayed on 95s. It took us 6 1/2 hours. We stopped twice. It was snowing and pouring rain. The traffic was bumper to bumper in Conn. Don't forget this was a Thurs morning during rush hour in miserable weather. But we made it and we're doing it again:D

We drove from the Boston area last April. I was a nervous wreck about making it to the pier in one piece (and without killing any of the kids) But it worked out great. We arrived in plenty of time despite the snow and pouring rain. I think we're driving again when we go on the Crown in Oct.

Smellytoes, we'll be in Boston September 15/16th.... we really prefer to do what the locals do... not the touristy stuff... we've done all the historical Boston things... ZoneHPH recommended a pub crawl.... anything special we shouldn't miss when in Boston??? Isn't that where you are from??

Archived