BEST RCI Cruise Ever & Why?

I have to agree with ISUJIM, the Radiance of the Sea which cruised the Panama Canal. What made it best was all our fellow Cruise Critics that kept in touch for months ahead and are still posting. Of course the beautiful ship, the awesome experience of cruising the canal, and the great crew added to it.

Our best was Adventure of the Seas in November 2003. We did the Aruba itinerary. First time on Voyager class ship, great weather, new ports, sailed with great friends, had great service on ship.:) Would do Adventure sailing again!!

Close second is the expanded Enchantment of Seas for a New England sailing out of Boston in September 2005. Great ship. Want to sail on it again!:)

I'm going to have to cheat and say my favorite cruise was the last one we were on... the Splendour this past May. It left Venice (which in itself was awesome), stopped at Dubrovnik, Kusadasi (Ephesus), Santorini, and Corfu. All the ports were great.

We took our kids (adults really... 27 year old son and 26 year old daughter). It was our first family vacation in 5 years. We saw parts of the world that we had only read about in the past.

Tim

OUr best RCCL cruise - last October on Navigator. Reasons:

1) Our 2nd Voyager class ship and we knew what to expect so we felt "at home" on board

2) Our 3rd Western Caribbean itinerary so we knew what to miss/not miss on excursions

3) #2 led to us booking very little, spending a little time off the ship, a lot more time on the (nearly) empty ship and therefore RELAXING more

4) The kids loved it. They've loved them all, but they really loved this one

5) The service was outstanding

6) The food was excellent

7) Our tablemates rocked

8) We loved our CD (the young guy from Nebraska? WHY can't I remember his name? - he had the TV morning show, a RIOT)

9) We got a free upgrade to an OS and had a second Meet and Mingle on our balcony - GREAT CC people to hang out with

10) I climbed the rock wall!

Everything just seemed to come together for the BEST cruise ever.

Archived