When the ships were built?

tomboyy

I did a little searching and found out that the Valor and the Liberty were the newest ships but no year built was given. I am looking for a ship sailing out of Florida that is alot younger than the Sensation we just went on, and the Sensation was great couldn't complain about anything really. We were just looking for something different ... so I figured from old to new. We'll fly or drive so really any ship outta Florida is fine. Any thoughts from Ya'll?

Tom

Holiday Class:

1985 Holiday

1987 Celebration

Fantasy Class:

1990 Fantasy

1991 Ecstasy

1993 Sensation

1994 Fascination

1995 Imagination

1996 Inspiration

1998 Elation

1998 Paradise

Destiny Class:

1996 Destiny

Triumph Class:

1999 Triumph

2000 Victory

Spirit Class:

2001 Spirit

2001 Pride

2002 Legend

2004 Miracle

Conquest Class:

2002 Conquest

2003 Glory

2004 Valor

2005 Liberty

2007 Freedom

A little tid bit of information on ship constructions....

They still, to this day, place a silver dollar under that mast when a ship is built.

When a ship is taken out for sea trials.. the building shipyard still will hang a broom from the mast if the trials are a clean sweep.

They still, to this day, place a silver dollar under that mast when a ship is built.

When a ship is taken out for sea trials.. the building shipyard still will hang a broom from the mast if the trials are a clean sweep.

What mast? I will go look for the silver dollar when I sail on the Carnival Pride in September. :D Do they leave the broom up for the ship's whole career? I've never seen one on any of my cruises. :confused:

What mast? I will go look for the silver dollar when I sail on the Carnival Pride in September. :D Do they leave the broom up for the ship's whole career? I've never seen one on any of my cruises. :confused:

The silver dollar is actually welded under the main mast when its landed into place.

Nope, they only hang the broom from the mast when they are coming back into port after a successful sea trials... a sea trials is when the ship is built and taken out into the ocean the first time to see if every thing works before that ship is turned over to the owners.

The silver dollar is actually welded under the main mast when its landed into place.

Nope, they only hang the broom from the mast when they are coming back into port after a successful sea trials... a sea trials is when the ship is built and taken out into the ocean the first time to see if every thing works before that ship is turned over to the owners.

Sometimes they'll tape the broom to the workers behind so they can sweep the floors while they are working ( edited to stay within CC rules):D

Tom

I did a little searching and found out that the Valor and the Liberty were the newest ships but no year built was given. I am looking for a ship sailing out of Florida that is alot younger than the Sensation we just went on, and the Sensation was great couldn't complain about anything really. We were just looking for something different ... so I figured from old to new. We'll fly or drive so really any ship outta Florida is fine. Any thoughts from Ya'll?

Tom

I did the Liberty out of Ft Lauderdale in April it is one of the newest and largest Carnival offers.

Tom

The Valor exotic western is a great Itenerary and so are the Liberty 8 days.

**note- The Destiny Class Includes The Triumph And The Victory. There Isnt A "triumph" Class. The 2 Vary Slightly From The First In The Class, However They Are All Considered The Destiny Class

Lots of people seem to get confused about this, but on the Carnival website and brochures they list Destiny as Destiny class and Triumph and Victory as Triumph class.

Destiny

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Virtual_Tours_Destiny.aspx

Class: Destiny

Length: 893 feet

Total Staff: 1,050

Capacity: 2,642

Speed: 21 knots

Tonnage: 101,353

Triumph

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Virtual_Tours_Triumph.aspx

Class: Triumph

Length: 893 feet