Timing is everything

Our flights are scheduled to arrive in BCN at 10 AM (Lufthansa via Frankfurt).

Can anyone who has done this or something very similar provide an estimate as to when we might actually be walking out of the terminal, luggage in hand to grab a taxi to our hotel?

In other words, about how long does it take to go through customs, immigration, etc when arriving in Barcelona, Spain from the US via Frankfurt?

Thanks,

Terry

Our flights are scheduled to arrive in BCN at 10 AM (Lufthansa via Frankfurt).

Can anyone who has done this or something very similar provide an estimate as to when we might actually be walking out of the terminal' date=' luggage in hand to grab a taxi to our hotel?

In other words, about how long does it take to go through customs, immigration, etc when arriving in Barcelona, Spain from the US via Frankfurt?

Thanks,

Terry[/quote']

Depending on the lines re other flts coming in..you will go through passport control,get your luggage and then walk through the customs area door that says nothing to delcare and there you are..then you get in the taxi line.About 30 mins depending on how fast you luggage gets there as well as any line as i said before,but things seem to move quicker over there then in the US.

Passport control, et al will happen at Frankfurt, not Barcelona. You will be out of the airport 1 minujte after you grab your bags. Your luck might vary, but I've never had a long wait for baggage at BCN (but I've never flown there on Lufthansa and I don't know who handles their baggage for them there -- if it is Iberia, your baggage may arrive..some day).

Paul

I flew to BCN with Lufthansa many times, and it never took more than 30 minutes to grab the baggage and leave the airport. When you are flying business class or if you have the Star Alliance Silver Card or if you have otherwise priority, your baggage will come first and it will be probably on the belt before you have left the plane.

The taxi line is directly in front of the terminal - a very short walk from the baggage claim. But be prepared that the driver does not speak English. Have a piece of paper with the hotel's name AND address ready (last time both taxi drivers - we had to hire two cabs for our large family - did not know the location of our hotel and we ended up finding it on a street map of Barcelona and giving the driver directions in sign language who in turn communicated with his colleague following him). Taxi fare into downtown should be around 20 Euros, driving time at this time of day around 20 minutes. Your room may not be ready at this time, but you can check the baggage at the hotel.

Archived