Canada/New England Cruise questions..

chiccruiser

For those of you that have done the Boston to Montreal or vice versa cruise, do you have any suggestions for hotels in either city. I don't want super expensive, but I don't want a flea bag either. Also does HAL ever offer an incentive of a free hotel night pre-cruise. We had a free night in Vancouver, courtesy of HAL, prior to our Alaska cruisetour..

Also what about shuttles from the hotels to the dock? Do any hotels in either city offer that service? Or are there hotels close to where the cruise ships dock?

Thanks in advance.

Hotels in the downtown Boston area are quite expensive. I did see that HAL's hotel, the Sheraton now has lower rates than what we paid in 2003 and 2005. I like the HAL hotels because the transfers to and from the airport and pier are included in the rate. We had friends who stayed at the Fairmont in Montreal precruise because it was a HAL hotel but you could do better in Montreal. I really thought we could have done better price-wise in Boston too but it was very convenient to take the HAL package.

Try the website www.cruiseportlodging.com and plug in your cities, they have some awfully good deals.

GN

DW and I stayed at a bed & breakfast on east Sherbrooke street in Montreal before we boarded our honeymoon cruise. Its about 3 blocks or so away from the Sherbrooke Metro station and from there its easy to get to anywhere you'd want to go in Montreal. Check it out...

http://www.bbonthepark.com/english/accommodations.html

I'd say its somewhere between 1 to 2 miles away from the Port of Montreal. Our taxi ride from the front door of the B&B to the luggage drop off was about 10 minutes.

We stayed at the Radisson in Boston (on stuart st. ) and couldn't have been more pleased with it. The location is excellent, right next to boston common. I usually equate radisson with 2 star quality hotels, but this one is more like a hilton. We used hotwire and paid 139 in late june. Sites like biddingfortravel.com for priceline and betterbidding.com for hotwire can help you get a better deal for the money if you are a little flexible.

For those of you that have done the Boston to Montreal or vice versa cruise, do you have any suggestions for hotels in either city. I don't want super expensive, but I don't want a flea bag either. Also does HAL ever offer an incentive of a free hotel night pre-cruise. We had a free night in Vancouver, courtesy of HAL, prior to our Alaska cruisetour..

Also what about shuttles from the hotels to the dock? Do any hotels in either city offer that service? Or are there hotels close to where the cruise ships dock?

Thanks in advance.

We've stayed at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal a couple of times, very nice hotel. If you take a cab from the peir to downtown Montreal, the fare should only be about $12 to $15; nor more than $20. Some cab drivers will try and charge you more.

We were looking for a hotel in Boston that had shuttles both from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise terminal. The Holiday Inn express on Boston St in Boston has both, so we are booked there in August.

Kathy

Archived