Laundry + Dry Cleaning

P1TKL

Can someone please tell me the laundry charges for dresses and shirts on the QE2 ? also dry cleaning charges ? I have read varying reports on this subject - some say it is cheaper than at home and others say the opposite ! Perhaps someone who has sailed on her recently has a price list please. Thanks

I can't provide you with a price list, but the service is the cheapest and the best of any hotel I've stayed in.

Save for the pressing service at the Savoy, which returns a shirt in an hour. But boy, do they know how to charge........

If you don't want to pay the charge, then there are, as I presume you know, free washers and irons available.

Matthew

I assume QE2 prices are similar to QM2. Below I have cut-n-pasted a post I submitted a few months ago with the QM2 laundry prices:

LADIES: dry clean/ or press only / laundry only

dress - $10.00/7.00/8.00

skirt - $5.50/4.25/5.00

sweater - $5.00/3.75/4.50

bra - $2.50/ - /2.00 :)

MENS:

2 piece suit - $11.00/8.00/ -

jacket - $5.50/4.25/5.00

shirt - $5.00/3.75/4.50

neck tie -$2.25/1.25/ -

Regular service: picked up by10am, returned 7pm second day.

Same day service: add 50% surcharge - picked up before 9am and returned

7pm same evening.

- - hope this helps!

In June, a Ladies evening dress was $12, so the rest are probably the same as Malcolm's lists.

Cheap even without considering sequins & evening fabrics are tricky.

You pay 50% extra for the express service.

Karen

Thanks everyone for your help with this. It will enable us to cut down on luggage if we can use their laundry services - the prices do seem very reasonable I agree.

Just come off the QE2 and a gents dress shirt was £2.75. Got it back expertly pressed next day, so do not pay extra for express service

Paying the money for express is for same day service. If you have consecutive formal nights you have no choice.

Matthew

I would like to know who has their bra pressed? (see above) Seems a bit contra to the purpose?

Bearspoke=:) What kind of creature is Bluey? I don't think you've said.

Well, Angela, I was going to say that I've had mine pressed a few times. But that we could talk about it in private. i don't think it's a suitable subject for the boards1 <EG>

I think Bluey is a Teddy bear?

Going along for the ride for the last TA?

I think?

Karie,

who is hoping to GET a QE2 Teddy bear. I am hoping someone will buy one for me! (You know who you are!) Kind of returning a "favor"!

Beside I have a Crown Jewel Teddy. And this one is so soft that you'll want to hug it and hug it an hug it! Sadly, the one I had for a short time was not for me, and I didn't want to get too attached. So now I want one for me!

I would like to know who has their bra pressed? (see above) Seems a bit contra to the purpose?

Says bra's are dry crean or raundry only - no pressie!

Reckon if you want your bras pressed you have to find your own service?

Archived