Aft cabins?

LouisV

What is your favorite category VA aft cabin on the Westerdam and why?

As a side line...we cruised Celebrity a few years ago...booked an aft cabin over a year in advance...got all excited about that and then found out when we checked in that we were upgraded to a Royal Suite...complete with butler and other goodies! How sweet is that?? Cruising will never be the same!

Pmatch

We're booked for a Caribbean cruise October 28, 2007 aboard the Westerdam and have selected cabin 5186 absolutely dead center, aft on the Verandah deck. Does anyone have photos of these VA cabins aboard the Westerdam AFTER the retrofit? We're all about the verandahs, and I'll be very interested in "seeing" them before cruising. Many thanks!

We're booked for a Caribbean cruise October 28, 2007 aboard the Westerdam and have selected cabin 5186 absolutely dead center, aft on the Verandah deck. Does anyone have photos of these VA cabins aboard the Westerdam AFTER the retrofit? We're all about the verandahs, and I'll be very interested in "seeing" them before cruising. Many thanks!

I don't have photos, but if you check around for threads on this topic, you'll see it's been reported that since the retrofit, the Deck 5 verandahs are nearly entirely covered by Deck 6, which was pushed back farther aft. So you may not get much sun on that deck. I think the verandah is still the same size as it was before, though I'm not sure, but it's definitely less sunny. Sorry about the bad news - although if you prefer shade, maybe it's good news! :)

if I remember correctly deck 4 and 5 were the same as before, however the deck 5 verandas will covered more by the veranda above. It used to be that deck 5 was 90% open to the sun above, not it looks like only about 20-25% is open and the rest is shaded by the veranda of deck 6

if I remember correctly deck 4 and 5 were the same as before, however the deck 5 verandas will covered more by the veranda above. It used to be that deck 5 was 90% open to the sun above, not it looks like only about 20-25% is open and the rest is shaded by the veranda of deck 6

Actually, the shade is ok. I suppose it's not being able to see the night sky while reclining that will be the thing we lack. Other than that, I think it's great!

I read somewhere to anticipate "alot of walking." Why is that, exactly?

Actually, the shade is ok. I suppose it's not being able to see the night sky while reclining that will be the thing we lack. Other than that, I think it's great!

I read somewhere to anticipate "alot of walking." Why is that, exactly?

well an aft deck 4 or 5 cabin is close to the main dining room, down a couple of flights of stairs, but lido dining will be 5 decks up. However what they are referring to is that all of the commn areas and show lounges tend to be towardsteh bow, she's a 960+ foot long ship....so its a bit of walking to those areas no matter what deck they are on :)

I could use as much exercise as I could get..... so I'm not complaining :)

Archived