Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

jgsmuzzy

That made you look. I can almost imagine the replies that were being formulated. :p

I do not was a bucket, just a bottle of White Lightning will suffice :eek:

How about a Barrell ! :eek:

That made you look. I can almost imagine the replies that were being formulated. :p

Naughty:mad: Thinking that we would all rise to your stupid (:p ) question. They have some keg beer. They must clean their runs out once in a while. So they must have buckets of beer then. (Not that you'd want to drink it if it's mixed with cleaning chemicals:D )

I thought it was a butler?

Malcolm, in my (very brief) student days, I can remember a pub that used to sell the slops out of the drip trays for 20p a pint. There were always takers as well. Not me of course. I had enough money for proper drink (Absynth anyone?:eek: )

Malcolm, in my (very brief) student days, I can remember a pub that used to sell the slops out of the drip trays for 20p a pint.

Slops are alright:) It's when they get mixed with the Jeys that it starts to taste funny:eek: . I was very good as a student - I didn't drink at all. I've been forced to make up for that later in life:)

Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

I am astonished that no one has yet told you that Cunard supplies free buckets of beer at every one of the wet tee shirt contests on board.

Not at the wet Tee shirt contests. The Hairy Legs contest. they prefer the "guests" to bring their own for the Wet Tee shirt.

I thought they did not have kegs on board as it down't ride well- the reason for the guiness in the can/bottle. Or am I remember it wrong?

(This is actually a real questions)

"I am astonished that no one has yet told you that Cunard supplies free buckets of beer at every one of the wet tee shirt contests on board"

(Sorry, my quote thingy didn't work correctly)

I'm so glad you pointed this activity out! I was worried my son and I wouldn't have anything fun to do on the trip! :p Okay, ewww....

I thought they did not have kegs on board as it down't ride well- the reason for the guiness in the can/bottle. Or am I remember it wrong?

Karie - I can only comment on the QE2. Many years ago they had bottles/cans for the passenger bars and they also had a tank onboard that they filled up with keg beer for the crew. More recently I think I've seen beer taps in the Golden Lion (as I only ever pass through I'm not certain). It's cask beer that doesn't keep or travel well and needs to be kept very still for a good 24 hours before you serve it. Even the vibration from the engines when she's tied up in port would be too much for cask beer:(

The draught (keg) beers are now kept in quarter barrels (6.5 imp gallons) under the bars. the small size allows them to be transported & hidden easily. The link below explains - However, the quantities are US measures

http://www.kegworld.com/draughtbeerissues.htm

I have a dilemma. I have contacted Cunard and they say it would be fine to have a Bucket of Beer, but that I would have to provide my own bucket. The only bucket I have is the water butt in the garden that is usually used to collect rainwater (about 50 gallons). I am now wondering whether BMI will allow me to take it to New York, via Chicago?

Views would be appreciated.

Of course.

(I have been known to buy 4pt pitchers in the past, which must add up to 6 bottles.)

Ah yes, but have you ever "chugged" them like some of the frat boys I went to college with? Horrible images from my past :rolleyes:

I have a dilemma. I have contacted Cunard and they say it would be fine to have a Bucket of Beer, but that I would have to provide my own bucket. The only bucket I have is the water butt in the garden that is usually used to collect rainwater (about 50 gallons). I am now wondering whether BMI will allow me to take it to New York, via Chicago?

Views would be appreciated.

Leave your water butt in the garden; in fact, you may want get another because I have it on the highest authority that it will continue to rain in Britain for quite some time.

What you need for your chug-a-lugging at sea is a folding bucket. They are widely available in a variety of sizes at reasonable cost from many firms that sell stuff to be carried around out of doors by folks who enjoy carrying stuff around out of doors. These folding buckets are made of plastic or canvas and do not look at all dangerous to any human or electronic security scanner that you may encounter in your travels. Should you wish your own private seat on which to sit whilst you quaff your bucket of beer,

the same firm can sell you a folding stool. Caution: do not buy one of their shooting sticks to sit on because no scanner will pass one of those.

Archived