Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

jgsmuzzy

Um Paul, those are all wonderful and delicious, too, but this bucket isn't all that big.

Perhaps, to abide by the rules as set out by Cunard, it should be a bottle of champagne in the bucket while boarding?

Yes! And Worthington's Best Bitter on draught in your cabin waiting to greet you.

Take the Bucket your complimentary Pol Acker is chilling in and bring it down to the Golden Lion and fill it up with bottles of beer. Thus, a "bucket" of beer and the bucket is supplied by Cunard. I bet if you tip your Stewar"t" well, he/she will allow you to keep the bucket for the duration of the cruise. You can probably order your brewskies from room service and place them in your bucket.

If you are really ambitious, you can carry your bucket with the beer bottles around the ship with you.

Yes, please. Now, should it go checked bag, carry on, or should I just swing it in my hand as I skip merrily onboard? ?

Why not wear it as a hat? It would perfectly compliment the obligatory string vest and thongs of correct boarding attire:)

Bass, Boddingtons, and especially Worthington's Best Bitter

Um Paul, those are all wonderful and delicious, too, but this bucket isn't all that big.

The idea would be to have one, not all three:eek: Although thinking about it didn't someone mention that they had seen slops being sold off cheaply:D

Too big for a hat.

Would that matter?:confused: If you're going to be blind drunk from emptying the bucket of its beer I think that wearing something that covered your entire head could be an advantage.:)

Would that matter?:confused: If you're going to be blind drunk from emptying the bucket of its beer I think that wearing something that covered your entire head could be an advantage.:)

Oh, I see. Blind drunk and just plain blind. A perfect combination and travelling incognito besides.

Or too small a head.....

Matthew

Har har. You know, there have been bucket accidents on ships lately. How do you think all those people fell off?

Of all the threads I have perused, this one is the funniest! Touche for the OP!

BTW...I am still not clear on this: No buckets of beer then? :D

We are looking at Cunard for next Fall. I hope we can get our dates in order to arrange our holiday at that time. (I think we will book it even without the buckets of beer.)

BTW...I am still not clear on this: No buckets of beer then? :D

I am really annoyed:mad: We are all discussing the possibility of getting BOB on Cunard. We have decided that if we bring our own bucket Cunard will probably sell us the bottles to put in it. Then someone else comes along and just reminds us of what we wanted in the first place:mad: (:D :D )

What is wrong with wanting to buy 6 beers for the price of 5 and having it next to you poolside or on deck to enjoy between friends?

It is amazing to me that some people think this lowers the standards of the ship or its services.

I've sailed onboard QM2 three times and it is apparent to me that what lowers the standards onboard are the people fighting for the last pastry in Kings Court or loading their plates with enough food to feed a football team.

Maybe some of us "cruise critics" should take a good look at our attitudes

What is wrong with wanting to buy 6 beers for the price of 5 and having it next to you poolside or on deck to enjoy between friends?

The problem is that beer does not seem the appropriate drink for Cunard. Now if they were to offer six bottles of Champagne for the price of five and advertised it as a Champagne Bucket I don't think there'd be any objections:)

The problem is that beer does not seem the appropriate drink for Cunard. Now if they were to offer six bottles of Champagne for the price of five and advertised it as a Champagne Bucket I don't think there'd be any objections:)

Forget that Malcolm,

How about a champagne bucket with a shoulder strap! That way you don't have to slow down and keep both hands free. One hand for the champagne and one for the petit fours!

Karie,

who thinks they should have a side pocket for the caviar with little pockets for the grated egg, onion , and crackers.

I got it wrong:( Champagne isn't the drink of Cunard (not even pink Champagne). They would fill the bucket with Pol Acker!:eek:

It is amazing to me that some people think this lowers the standards of the ship or its services.

I've sailed onboard QM2 three times and it is apparent to me that what lowers the standards onboard are the people fighting for the last pastry in Kings Court or loading their plates with enough food to feed a football team.

Maybe some of us "cruise critics" should take a good look at our attitudes

Maybe someone got out of bed the wrong way?

Matthew

The bucket needs a nickname. Thanks to

in the http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=593915 thread, I suggest "Hyacinth".

To which I added the suggestion that Cruise Critic members should put themselves on the Daily Programme as "Friends of Hyacinth Bucket".

It would confuse everyone who wasn't in Cruise Critic - Cunard board!

Matthew

Maybe someone got out of bed the wrong way?

Matthew

Nah~!

You don't understand Matthew. He's a Cubs fan! Even Jimmy Buffett couldn't bring them a worlds series ring!

So he is naturally in a bad mood!

Karie,

whose Red Sox got their long deserved ring after Jimmy played Fenway Park!

(And my seats for the concert would have been wonderful for a game! Almost behind home plate in the first section! But lousy for the concert!)

Nah~!

You don't understand Matthew. He's a Cubs fan! Even Jimmy Buffett couldn't bring them a worlds series ring!

So he is naturally in a bad mood!

Karie,

whose Red Sox got their long deserved ring after Jimmy played Fenway Park!

(And my seats for the concert would have been wonderful for a game! Almost behind home plate in the first section! But lousy for the concert!)

A repost in English would be good. Is this all about rounders?

Matthew

A repost in English would be good. Is this all about rounders?

Matthew

Okay,

Well, you see it's like being a fan of Birmingham football. It could curdle your cream any day. So that's why he might always get up on the wrong side of the bed, you see!

Karie,

not very up in English football, but knows it isn't Man U!

Archived