Asia 2008 - Diamond Princess

Frankie Sue

Diamond Princess – Asia

This is my first time on the Princess Board. We have only cruised once before on Holland America (Amsterdam) and are cruising on Hal again this late Fall (Noordam).

We have started looking at something for Fall of 2008 and we really like the itinerary on the Diamond Princess: 16 days from Bangkok to Beijing.

But because we do not know Princess at all, we are not quite sure what kind of cabin to book. We have been fortunate to get upgraded to SA suite on Amsterdam and we are booked in a Suite again on the Noordam. However, we will have to settle for a little lower on this 2008 Princess itinerary.

We have been looking at booking a B class cabin with balcony on the Baja deck and I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Frankie Sue

I did this trip in November of 06 and loved it!:D

Our trip was on the sapphire (sister to the diamond) as a rule balconies on the carribe deck are bigger...and not the highest priced.

If you can afford it, do the post trip in Bejing. We did great wall and terra cotta warriors. people who did the yantzee river cruise as well loved it. try and spend some time in Bangkok. (I spend a week there)

We did the Sapphire in Oct 06 on the Osaka to Beijing leg .. I want to do the Bangkok/Beijing soon ..

we had an Aloha balcony cabin and it was more than adequate !! Baja is covered and smaller balcony than Caribe .. but Baja will be quite nice I should think..

Oh the places you will go ..and the things you will see .. enjoy this amazing walk into a different world ( unless of course you have already been to the Orient .. which I had not prior to this voyage )

Archived