Is the fruit safe to eat?

montu6

We will be taking a tour to Dominica and plan on stopping at Mr. Nice's fruit stand. I know that in a lot of places you are warned not to eat the fruit or drink the water. Does this apply to Dominica? Has anyone ever had a problem? Thanks for the info!

We will be taking a tour to Dominica and plan on stopping at Mr. Nice's fruit stand. I know that in a lot of places you are warned not to eat the fruit or drink the water. Does this apply to Dominica? Has anyone ever had a problem? Thanks for the info!

I was at Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand in May, and I ate the fruit. It was so good, especially the pineapple. It is amazing to see how fast he cuts the pineapple. I bought a fresh pineapple a few weeks ago, and it was very hard to cut. It sure did not taste like his. The bananas, are wonderful. Not like ours in the grocery store. They are so much sweeter on the islands. I did not get sick, I did not even think about getting sick. I was more concerned about getting sick on the ship. Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand is a great place to visit. It was amazing to see where it was located. You would never expect it to be located kinda in the rain forest. Dominica is a beautiful island. I am glad I got a tour with Beno. It was amazing.

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

I say go for it and eat the fruit. I was in Dominica last week and stopped at Mr. Nice's fruit stand, and my goodness, his fruits were delicious. I didn't think about getting sick and I had so much fruit that day, I couldn't believe it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled on this thread looking for things to do in Dominica.

My pediatrician said the CDC recommends a vaccine (forgot which one, sry) for kids under a certain age if you planned on eating or drinking anything while in dominica. ONLY for children, NOT adults. If you will be travellin g w/ teens or younger you might just want to phone your pediatrician or Dr. that cares for your kids. (i think it was a hep vaccine..but dont quote me lol)

The fruit sounds delish, I cant wait!!

Archived