Rhino Riders - anyone done this recently?

reeses

We plan to book an excursion (not with the cruiseline) on the rhino riders. Has anyone done this recently? Any recommendations on which company to go with? They all sound like the same trip. I've read that the snorkeling is not very good, but we're okay with that because we will snorkel in another port. We thought riding the boats would be fun in itself. Also, if we do the 11:30 tour out of the Simpson Bay area, should we stop in Maho before or after (we want to see the planes) and have some beach time. Any other must see? We're in port from 8 am - 6 pm.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
We plan to book an excursion (not with the cruiseline) on the rhino riders. Has anyone done this recently? Any recommendations on which company to go with? They all sound like the same trip. I've read that the snorkeling is not very good, but we're okay with that because we will snorkel in another port. We thought riding the boats would be fun in itself. Also, if we do the 11:30 tour out of the Simpson Bay area, should we stop in Maho before or after (we want to see the planes) and have some beach time. Any other must see? We're in port from 8 am - 6 pm.

Thanks.

Our group of 6 did the rhino in january. we booked through rccl but met friends who spent the same week in st maarten who booked through the company separately but rode with us

It was with rhinosafari in simpson bay.

Email= rhinosafari@stmaarten.com. I have accessed their website before but it doesnot seem to be working today.

Three separate groups went out each with 4 rhinos.2 persons each...i don't recall anyone that rode single.

It is a great excursion....very unique! A fun somewhat wild ride once out in the open waters;through Simpson Bay around the mega yachts was great. Stop at a small private beach after the shore ride which you could swim onto with snorkeling at nearby reef. The water was a little rough and those who snorkeled said it wasn't great...cloudy conditions.

We were a group of 2 adults and 4 teens and those who wanted to hit every wake, wave did and those who wanted a calmer ride had perfect control of this.

Highly recommended!:D

My girlfriend and I have never snorkled before, but the Rhino boats and just swimming sounds like it would be fun. Would be willing to try the snorkeling, but for those who have done this trip would you recommend that we go, or would we be in the way of those who are snorkeling?

thank you

My girlfriend and I have never snorkled before, but the Rhino boats and just swimming sounds like it would be fun. Would be willing to try the snorkeling, but for those who have done this trip would you recommend that we go, or would we be in the way of those who are snorkeling?

thank you

I would definitely go! The snorkeling is just a time killer as part of the beach break. We did not snorkel but all the teens with us did or swam onto the beach. we had snorkeled on two other excursions that cruise so unless they reported back that it was great snorkeling, we just sat on the rhinos and talked to the guide about st maarten and amsterdam ( where he came from originally).

I am not sure why you haven't snorkeled or if you just aren't interested but it took me many tries to finally get the knack of it and now i am sold.

I am not a super strong swimmer but give me a little inflateble life vest and a PVC mouthpeice with the snorkel and i am good! I think for years i gagged on the rubber mouth peices and therfore never got the "breathing" down. Now it seems most have the clear PVC mouthpeices and they are much better!!

Its a fun excursion....dont' worry about the snorkelers as they are sent off toward the rocks & coral away from the rhino boat "pitstop".:D

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was thinking about booking this tour on 1/23 with my family. There are 4 of us. They will pick us up for $10 per person, or should I get my own transport there ? Taxis available ? I understand its like a 15 min. drive ..

Archived