Anyone off the Victory

lovacruz

I am waiting for a review from 7/09 cruise. How was the weather.

So far every week had terrible weather. Why would they have a destination with horrible weather. It is wasting everyone's money. so lets hear some good news/

Victory 07

So far every week had terrible weather. Why would they have a destination with horrible weather. It is wasting everyone's money. so lets hear some good news/

Victory 07

We did the 5 night last August and the weather was absolutely perfect. We had no fog, seas were like glass, temps were high 70's to low 80's and sunny every day. It was great.

I spent a week in the Bahamas one year. First day sunshine and 84 degrees. Rest of the week rain and 50's. You can't do anything about the weather and obviously there's a demand for this itinerary because the ships have been sailing full for several summers now.

Just got off the Victory yesterday. I'll post a full review and picture link some day this week.

As for the weather, it was Cat 3A (fog to the ground) pretty much the entire trip. Only rained once or twice. Temp was comfortable and humidity was always 100%.

I didn't think we had a formal night. Sgt. Shultz was letting anyone in regardless of what they were wearing!

That's what he told us when DH and I went to tell him we wouldn't be dining in the dining room at all and he could give away our seats if need be. He said he would let us in no matter what we wore :eek:. No thank you, we told him. We didn't want people like MrPete writing about what he saw those folks from the sticks wearing in the dining room on formal night. :cool:

We didn't want people like MrPete writing about what he saw those folks from the sticks wearing in the dining room on formal night.

I though you told me you lived south of the sticks? :D

Victory 07

6/21 VICTORY weather was very nice. Both sea days were warm, no fog. And St. John was mid 60s and partly sunny. So not every sailing has bad weather.

We just got off the 7/9 Victory cruise to St. John and Halifax. As others have said, we had fog in both ports, though it cleared after noon in Halifax and we had some nice tours at both stops even with the fog. The photography tour in St. John was fantastic -- our professional photographer guide gave us all kinds of great hints, including how to take photos in fog -- and I had the best time there talking with our tour bus driver (I had a gimpy knee, so didn't stray too far) who told me St. John has fog 20 days out of every summer due to how cold the Bay of Fundy is. He regaled me with all kinds of great anecdotes about St. John, and I came away thinking fog has its charms. St. John is one of my favorite places to visit because the people are wonderful there.

We've been on this itinerary 3 times now. The first cruise was no fog at all. The second had fog only at St. John. This time there was fog for both ports of call. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, if only because my whole group (18 in all) enjoyed beating the summer heat for a bit! :)

Folks seemed most concerned about the weather, so my first thought was to reassure them. :)

I'm writing a review of our cruise, but the short version is we enjoyed both the ship and the itinerary a lot! We found the Victory to be a clean, well-run ship with attentive and friendly staff (except for one, our experience of whom was balanced by a few staff who were exceptional) and plenty of fun activities for our group, who ranged from teens to seniors in their eighties. The food was hit or miss, with some outstanding dishes in the main dining room and pretty darn good pizzas and burgers, but in general the Lido food was lacking. Our cabins were great! Quiet, comfy, well-equipped and everything functional, all on the Empress deck. Even though my mother is older and working through a recent knee replacement, and I was gimpy myself, the layout of the ship didn't present any problems. The elevators aft were sometimes slow, but we mastered how to get the better of them and seldom had to wait very long. The photo gallery is a disaster, though, in terms of traffic flow. Shows, like the food, were hit or miss. No one liked the magician very much, but we all liked Vroom! Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. :)

The longer version will be more specific. :D

This is starting to sound good, because the last several reviews of the Victory have been iffy at best. We are going on the Victory in its current itinerary in September, so I am hoping the cruise itself will be very good. We look forward to seeing whales (we went to Alaska last year and it was great!)

Thank you:)

Archived