I Did It! I Did It! I Got My Very 1st Price Drop

vacation fool

I so excited that i can hardly stand it. After months of reading and asking ?'s and checking the Princess website everyday I saw there was a price drop for my mini on my next April cruise! Luckily the travel agency i use is in california and was still open. He called Princess and I got a $224 price reduction total. I couldn't wait to share with all of you, as my husbands appreciation is only limited as he is not a fellow cc'er and doesn't get into it. I have to go post this on my roll call, not sure if applies to all categories or not but want my fellow travelers to know. It is 4/5/08 Panama Canal. Hope I am able to pass the word out to others and help and you all have helped me in the past.:)

Good for you Vacation fool!

Yes I have also received a few price drops and was amazed when I was accomodated. They were substantial drops as well. I would have never known I could ask for "re-pricing" had I not been a member of CC! It pays to do some research, even on vacations.

Congratulations Vacation Fool. It's so nice when being a member of a board actually saves you money. I also think it's very funny that you are in Florida but your TA is in California. I'm in California and one of the two TAs I use are in Florida.;)

Congratulations on the price drop. I got my first one too for our upcoming cruise but I had to keep it to myself and I couldn't tell DH as we were going in a balcony and I booked the mini as a surprise. I'm glad I was able to come here and post it to celebrate!

Since I have never received a price drop - and haven't a clue how to look for one - could you tell me how to do that? I book with a local TA from the AAA agency in our town - if that helps.

Would I just go daily to the princess web site and look to see if the price has dropped, call my TA, and she would get it changed?

Since I have never received a price drop - and haven't a clue how to look for one - could you tell me how to do that? I book with a local TA from the AAA agency in our town - if that helps.

Would I just go daily to the princess web site and look to see if the price has dropped, call my TA, and she would get it changed?

Yes, you watch for a price drop on the Princess site. MY understanding is Princess will allow price reductions before final payment.

How long do these price drops usually last? I, too, noticed a price drop on my January sailing when I checked today. I tried to call Costco Travel to get the adjustment, and THEY'RE CLOSED ON SUNDAY!!! :eek: :mad: I really hope this will still be around tomorrow. It looks like about $150 per person.

Michelle

Congrats!!!! Gotta love those price drops!! I check every day for our trip in March. Havent seen a price drop on the Mini's but it did increase. I have a question...when there is a price drop and I call for it do I get a choice of a refund or OBC? I would prefer it as an OBC.

You go girl. I know exactly how you feel. I am going on the Diamond to Hawaii in Nov. and I just got a price drop, which is darn rare for me. So now I am also a happy camper.

Marilyn

How long do these price drops usually last? I, too, noticed a price drop on my January sailing when I checked today. I tried to call Costco Travel to get the adjustment, and THEY'RE CLOSED ON SUNDAY!!! :eek: :mad: I really hope this will still be around tomorrow. It looks like about $150 per person.

Michelle

We have the same TA!!!! I was lucky as they were open last nite when i saw the drop cause they are on west coast. Print the page out that shows the price, just in case it goes back up by tomorrow. Another CC'er suggested that as "proof" cause it will have the date u printed it on bottom of page. This is one reason why next cruise i will book directly with cruiseline. Then this frustrating stuff doesn't happen.....Good luck.

Thats pretty much it. I write down what the online price is with the cruise line when i make my reservation with the TA. I see what kind of savings i am getting. Then when the online price goes down, call the TA and they will get the adjustment. I booked my cruise last sept and this is the first price drop i have seen. It is still 9 months out so who knows what may happen? Could drop again and then again maybe not. But I will be watching. My biggest frustration is having no way to get in touch with people i am conversing with in my roll call to tell them. I did post it in the roll call but they do not check in but every 10 days or so. Oh well, I tried:cool:

Thats pretty much it. I write down what the online price is with the cruise line when i make my reservation with the TA. I see what kind of savings i am getting. Then when the online price goes down, call the TA and they will get the adjustment. I booked my cruise last sept and this is the first price drop i have seen. It is still 9 months out so who knows what may happen? Could drop again and then again maybe not. But I will be watching. My biggest frustration is having no way to get in touch with people i am conversing with in my roll call to tell them. I did post it in the roll call but they do not check in but every 10 days or so. Oh well, I tried:cool:

Way to go!!!, I do the same all the time. Last time I saved $1,200.00, ($600.00 for me + the wife). It pays to watch and act fast when you see a price drop!

Since you are using a real TA, maybe you could print out the other site's price and itinerary and email it to your TA tomorrow?

I booked through VTG last year, however, when the prices dropped on their competitor websites I got nada! I think it was more a LAZY VTG order taker than the VTG company. I sent my LAZY guy at VTG the screen shot, which showed a considerably lower price. No response!!! I called the lazy person at VTG and asked him to match the price. He told me I could cancel if I did not like their price!

Marne

We have the same TA!!!! I was lucky as they were open last nite when i saw the drop cause they are on west coast. Print the page out that shows the price, just in case it goes back up by tomorrow. Another CC'er suggested that as "proof" cause it will have the date u printed it on bottom of page. This is one reason why next cruise i will book directly with cruiseline. Then this frustrating stuff doesn't happen.....Good luck.

Since you are using a real TA, maybe you could print out the other site's price and itinerary and email it to your TA tomorrow?

I booked through VTG last year, however, when the prices dropped on their competitor websites I got nada! I think it was more a LAZY VTG order taker than the VTG company. I sent my LAZY guy at VTG the screen shot, which showed a considerably lower price. No response!!! I called the lazy person at VTG and asked him to match the price. He told me I could cancel if I did not like their price!

Marne

That is awfull, I hope u never use them again whoever they are for the way they spoke to you. But the price drop has to be on the cruise lines web site not another agencies. They should have explained that to you. There will always be a "better deal" out there on discount agency websites but unfortunately that is not what the price drops go by.

Archived