St. Martin time same as East Coast time?

reeses

Can someone tell me if there is any time difference? I'm sailing on the Glory in one week. We are in St. Martin from 8 am - 6 pm. Is this ship time or St. Martin time or the same? Thanks.

St Martin is on Atlantic time which is 1 hour earlier than Eastern Std time. The island does not switch when DST comes in so is synched with US EDT during the summer.

St Martin is on Atlantic time which is 1 hour earlier than Eastern Std time. The island does not switch when DST comes in so is synched with US EDT during the summer.

Could not have said it better....just wanted to bring up one thing-if you are booking a private tour (especially during winter months, when there IS a time difference) make sure you confirm whether your times are "ship time" or "island time"

Could not have said it better....<snip>

Well, except it's wrong.

When the US is on Daylight Saving Time (second Sunday of March - First Sunday of November), St. Maarten is the same time as Miami, but the rest of the year it is one hour LATER than Miami. When it is 8:00 Miami time, it's already 9:00 in St. Maarten.

gary

Well, except it's wrong.

When the US is on Daylight Saving Time (second Sunday of March - First Sunday of November), St. Maarten is the same time as Miami, but the rest of the year it is one hour LATER than Miami. When it is 8:00 Miami time, it's already 9:00 in St. Maarten.

gary

Which is what I said. They are 1 hour ahead of us when I look out the window and see snow on the ground and wish I was at Baywatch, not a suburb of NYC. So it is 10 AM there and 9 AM at home as I fire up the computer network.

Which is what I said. They are 1 hour ahead of us when I look out the window and see snow on the ground and wish I was at Baywatch, not a suburb of NYC. So it is 10 AM there and 9 AM at home as I fire up the computer network.

I'll buy into ahead, can't see earlier.

gary

Archived