Dune Buggies w/EagleRay?

Voom

I did not know that Eagle Ray did a dune buggy tour. I did do one a few months ago that I booked through cozumel homes website. I may be wrong but I think that there is only 1 company that offers the excursion. Other companies may book for them but I think there is only 1 actual company that does the tour. If I am right and you are asking about the same dune buggy tour that I went on, it was a good trip. The dunebuggies are fun to drive and the snorkeling was good. Just make sure you are in reasonable shape, the dunebuggy riding is off road.

Thanks sportsterjohn. I also looked at it through Cozumel Home and think it is probably the same trip. Dune buggies, small ruins, snorkeling, and lunch. Good to hear you had a good time. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
If I am right and you are asking about the same dune buggy tour that I went on, it was a good trip. The dunebuggies are fun to drive and the snorkeling was good. Just make sure you are in reasonable shape, the dunebuggy riding is off road.

Did you need to be in good shape for the dunebuggy ride, or for the snorkeling? I was getting really excited about this trip, but recently I've heard a few things about snorkeling that have started to make me aprehensive about it... particularly stories about long swims out to the reefs and strong (potentially dangerous?) currents on the east side of the island. What was your experience, sportsterjohn?:confused:

I was talking about being in reasonable shape for the dunebuggy part of it. Now when I say reasonable, I am mainly mentioning this because the dunebuggy part of the trip which is about 3 hrs of the tour is off road and you will get bounced around alot. If you are not pregnant, too old or in a cast, you should be ok. As far as the reef. Yes it is a long swim to the reef but most of the people on the tour do not swim all the way out. Most of the people stayed pretty close to the shore, only a few of us went to the reef. There are a few tourguides on buggieboards in the water playing lifeguard. Currents didn't seem to be too bad.

Archived